Chapter Eleven

(Your Pov)

"Miss Sky, it appears your visitor has arrived." Jarvis called from the ceiling slightly startling you. Luckily you had just finished setting up lunch, being perfectly ordinary enough to be able to see MJ. Had you been out of the ordinary, this entire meeting might be postponed for a 'girls' day'. You did need one soon, but not today. Not yet.

"Thanks J! Miba, tell MJ I'll be down in a sec."

"I am perfectly capable-" But Jarvis was interrupted by your personal AI before he could finish his sentence.

"Sure thing boss. And can you tell the ceiling that just because he's not allowed on my servers that there's nothing concerning him within them?" Miba snarked, although taking your side for once.

"Why does everyone assume that I am in the ceiling? If I am simply a voice in the walls, Miba, then you are simply Siri."

"You take that back before I fry every last microchip in your hollow codeless fragment of an AI!" Miba shouted from your phone, and you couldn't help but laugh.

"I ship it." You interrupt the two lovers, dragging in some of your fandom experiences. "Is this what the two of you do all day?"

"Yes." They both respond, one sassy and one britishly polite.

"Then that is useful information. For something. Just don't cause any actual damage, and the two of you can keep at it." You leave the room after your final order, heading to the lobby to meet MJ. There's been a few times where a shitty asshole of a security guard didn't let her in, even when she had every ounce of proof to prove it. It didn't happen all the time, but if it did they were instantly fired. Or given a very stern talking to, one that you usually monitored for a just punishment. She was your best friend, and if 'talking' terms didn't meet your standards...

Luckily, there were no such problems today. She met you by the elevator, your usual meeting place. She had already been introduced to all the Avengers, on many different occasions. Thor was the only one she hadn't seen as much, since he was usually off-realm.

"MJ!" You shout, as the two of you collide in a hug. Yes, you just saw her last Friday but these things just happened. Especially if you already spent an hour or two setting up your area, and you had been anxiously waiting for her to arrive.

"Sky! Are the birds all aligned?" It was a little tradition between the two of you, since your superhero emblem was an owl. Had you finally come out of the lab-closet, you and Clint would have a field day of bird-puns. But for now you were left to suffer with your best friend.

"Yes. Mostly. There's still some in the basement that need to learn to fly, but that should be done by next hell-break." Translation: Your leg boosters could use some tweaks, and you'll have it finished by next weekend. School being 'hell' and break being when it's over. Between this and the ice cream code, no one could ever crack what you talked about.

"Good, good." The two of you got into the elevator, pushing for the training rooms' floor. The library was located on the same level, which is where lunch was located. Nearly no one ever went in there, so you didn't have to worry much.

The moment the elevator passed the third floor, MJ couldn't hold it in a moment longer. "So when do I get to meet him?"

"Meet who?"

"Your damn soulmate, that's who! I need to make sure he's still not loony or whatever. Did you figure out what happened last year yet?"

"Unfortunately no. I've been a little busy panicking. And Loki's not really a people person, so unless he finds us, you won't be meeting him yet."