Chapter Ten

(Your Pov)

Sunlight filtered through the blinds across your room, making you squint as you awoke. You were in your room, ridiculously exhausted from the late night before. You glanced at your clock, quickly realising you hadn't gotten anymore than a few hours of rest. Why? Why couldn't you sleep in for once in your life?

Shit. Peter, the date- And you confessed to Loki. So much happened over the last 24 hours...

Why couldn't you have slept in for just a little bit longer? Refusing to face the world, you flop back over on your bed. You were just about done with everything and everyone. The building could be getting blown up and you still wouldn't move. Ok- that's not entirely true, but your point still stands.

You jumped as your phone went off from your bedside table. It appears MJ was awake enough to be texting you already. Seriously, why was everyone you knew an early riser? Well- almost everyone. Your mom hadn't been, which is exactly why you had self-made waking up early a habit. More time to yourself.

"Miba~ what does MJ want?" You complain to your AI, covering your head with a pillow.

"The rolling rebel is wondering why you haven't replied to her texts yet." Miba replied, sassing with MJ's joke-name. Rolling rebel was a reference to both her favorite character in Star Wars and her claim of 'the girl in the chair'. Apparently it was a thing. You didn't actually know why MJ insisted on it, but whenever the two of you talked about your secret project, she was referred to as such.

"Tell her I'm not awake yet." Sweet relief came in the form of a few seconds pause, before your phone started ringing. "Argh!"

Your hand flops around your nightstand for the damn phone, finally gripping it in between your tired fingers. MJ's face showed on the screen, live streaming her exasperated expression.

"Hello?" You ask, except in ended up coming out as 'yellow' this early in the morning. It was barely even 7am. You didn't even have 5 hours of sleep.

"Sky! What the hell! Answer me when I text you, honestly!" MJ shouted, the camera shaking as she talked. "How late did you stay up last night?"

You gave her a look that answered everything. Well, most things. She hated when you stayed up late since this early morning habitual shit always happened. Why couldn't you just sleep in once? Very rarely did you ever sleep past 9am, even when you lived with your dad. It just wasn't natural for you. Well- not anymore.

"I don't want to know, do I?" You give a sigh, knowing her next question. "So, how much do I need to kill Parker?" There it was.

"No, no killing. God, you sound just like Natasha. It wasn't the best date, we both left after an hour or two. After... I told him I found my soulmate." You roll your head, stretching out your neck as you speak. "It wasn't his fault though! I shouldn't have been going out with him if I had a soulmate, and more so if I knew who they were!"

"So it's official?" She knew. Of course she knew. The way you spoke left no room for doubt. Of course she would pick up on that. She was MJ!

"Yeah, that's why I stayed up so late. I went to get ice cream from the kitchen, and bumped into him there. One thing led to another, and now my mark has bloomed."

"It what?"

"Here- I'll just show you." You turn around, taking a picture on your shoulder in the full length mirror at the end of your room. "Crazy, right?"

"No shit. It looks amazing, Y/N!" You smile as she fell back into old habits, although you couldn't help but cringe at her volume. She only used your first name if she was really excited- and now seemed to be one of those times. "Do you know why it did that? Does his look like that?"