Lesson 22 - Kill Her With Kindness

Start from the beginning

A larger Lizardman with a similar color palate to Zaryusu's brother stood out from the crowd. He had scars along his face, chest, and arms. A necklace with sharp teeth on his neck, and the same symbol Zaryusu bears on his chest. Finally, he wielded a large axe.

"And what might you be, some kind of plant monster?" The large man asks.

Crusch pokes her head out. "No, I'm not!" 

He waves his hand. "Oh please, don't take my joke so seriously. I am the Dragon Tusk chief, Zenberu Gugu. You can call me Zenberu."

Crusch grumbles quietly, not liking Zenberu's personality.

"You are free to call me Zaryusu as well. Now..."

Zenberu cuts him off. "I can already guess what you're going to say. However, we only trust those who are strong." He waves his axe around and gets into a fighting position. "Take up your sword." He glares at them as they both give back a slightly confused and shocked expression.

"Listen up, everybody! If I die in this fight, this guy is your new chief!" He shouts at the crowd and points at Zaryusu.

Zaryusu grunts in discomfort.

"And I won't accept any objections, protests, or other noise!" Even the lizardmen seem shocked. "Come at me like you're gonna kill me! Out of everyone I've ever fought before, you're in the top grade."

"Indeed. Very well. And if I die..."

Zenberu cuts him off once again. "Yeah. I'll let your female go unharmed."

"She's not 'mine' yet." 

Crusch blushes and gasps in surprise.

"Hmph, you're really making a bid for her, aren't you? Is that plant monster really that fine a female?"

"Extremely so."

"AaaaAaaaAaAaaa!" She quietly squeals and ducks her head as her tail swings violently.

"I'd like to see for myself. If I win, I think I'll undress her before returning her." Zenberu says.

"Then it seems I now have an especially powerful reason not to lose."

Zenberu's jaw clenches, almost like he's amused. "You're really head-over-heels for her, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I'm head-over-heels." Zaryusu says with too much confidence

Crusch continues to squeal and make random noises of embarrassment.

"Ha! Then beat me, and prove it!"

"That's what I intend to do." Zaryusu takes out Frost Pain and walks towards Zenberu.

Zenberu lifts his axe up and swings with heavy force.

-

"Hey Shalltear?" (Y/n) says as she looks around the third floor.

"Yes, Lady (Y/n)?" Shalltear replies in an instant, already bowing down on one knee for her. (Y/n) blinks in slight surprise before thinking back on Albedo's words of 'punishment'.

"Shalltear, let's go." (Y/n) waves her hand for Shalltear to follow her. Shalltear doesn't question it and immediately stands up. "Yes, Lady (Y/n)."

They seemingly walk for ages, in silence. The reason being because of (Y/n)'s idea of what punishment she should give Shalltear.

(Y/n) freezes as she gets an idea. "Shalltear."

"Yes, Lady (Y/n)." Shalltear also stops.

The tiny girl turns and does grabby hands at Shalltear, bouncing on the balls of her feet. "Up, up, up." (Y/n) mumbles. Shalltear stares at (Y/n) for a moment, almost becoming a statue.