"I want chocolate when I win!" she said, her eyes twinkling as she licked her lips. "Okay, I'll buy you chocolate if you win!" I agreed, nodding my head. "You promise?" she asked and I nodded my head again, saying, "I promise."

"Pinky promise," she said, holding her pinky finger. "Pinky promise," I said, pinky promising her. "Now I'll close my eyes and you'll hide!"

"Okay," she said and I closed my eyes, starting to count to ten. As I opened my eyes, I looked at the closet as the door of it was wiggling a little, knowing she in there, hoping she wouldn't come out.

Sighing nervously, I went to my bag on the counter, taking out four vaccines before putting two of them in my waistband and the other two in one of my boots.

My head snapped at the bathroom door at I heard footsteps from the bedroom. They got in. "Calm down, you got this," I told myself as I couldn't afford to freak out now, otherwise I'd be dead. Therefore, there was only one thing to do if I wanted to survive:

Act with confidence, walk with grace, and use my fucking brain to strike them before they struck me.

Straightening my posture, I left the bathroom, seeing two black-clad men roaming my room, looking through my things. Their eyes snapped at me as I entered the bedroom.

"Gentlemen! I think you are in the wrong room," I claimed, cocking my head with a smile. "I suggest you leave my room before I call the police or hotel security."

One of them smiled at me before pointing the gun in his hand in my direction. "Dr. Candice Hooker, we were looking for you," he said, approaching me with the gun.

"And why were you looking for me? You should know that as a doctor I only work with appointments," I said as he was right in front of me.

"What the hell are you talking about?" he asked me with confused. "You can't break into my hotel room like you own it! Make an appointment if you'd like to meet Dr. Candice Hooker!" I tried to stall as I grabbed the vaccine in my waistband without him noticing.

"Cut the crap! What are you? A psychologist?" he asked me with a frown. "No," I said as I held the vaccine in my hand now, "I'm a cardiologist."

Then, I pushed his hand, that was holding the gun, aside before injecting the vaccine into his wrist, in his hand that was holding the gun.

His hand went numb and the gun fell from his hand to the floor. "What the hell?" his friend said surprised.

I took the opportunity of his shocked stance and immediately hid behind his buddy to protect myself from his gun before I grabbed the gun on the floor.

"Stay where the hell you are, or I'll blow your brain out!" I warned him, pointing the gun at him now. "You won't shoot me, Doctor," he said, shaking his head.

"Are you sure?" I asked him with a chuckle. "Why don't you dare me? Come closer and see what I'll do!"

Huffing, not believing me, he took a step towards me, resulting in me unlocking the safety of the gun and shooting him in the stomach. I wasn't trained to shoot, but I wasn't blind enough to miss when he was only three steps away from me.

"Ahh," he groaned in pain, falling to the ground before pointing his gun at me, but I was hiding behind his friend and was hard to shoot, which he obviously noticed too, and lowered his gun.

"I warned you," I said, looking at him from behind his friend. "Who are you?" he asked me in pain, holding his stomach, where I shot him.

"I'm just a mother, trying to protect her child. And I won't hesitate to pull that trigger again when you get closer to me, or try to shoot me," I told him.