Chapter 22

*3rd pov*

"What are we gonna do? We discussed every possible option"

"I'm sorry Asami but there isn't anything we can do now, she's accused of murder and drug dealing, there is no way the court will agree to bail"

"Okay everyone calm down, Lin, what is the worst she could get"

"12 years for murder, for the amount of drugs 5 years and for leading illegal community that had some deals with us before another 5 years"

Everyone became silent, it was now close to midnight, and they were arguing about how to get Korra out of the prison.

After Korra was escorted, Asami called Lin, Kya and Tenzin to come discuss things, but the more they talked about it, the more frustrated they were

"Even though I highly doubt it, and it's not an easy thing to say, but we don't know for sure Korra isn't the one to blame"

"Lin you can't be serious! This is Korra we are talking about!"

"Look maybe she got herself into some bad business she couldn't get out of, but we don't know anything until further investigating, but so far, all the evidence we have points at her, I will try my hardest to discuss things with Mako and Bolin and do everything in my power to get her out, but I can't promise anything, this is playing with fire, and even though I am the chief of police I can't just let anyone in and out of jail, I still have people above me"

Asami sighed as she placed her hand on her forehead and closed her eyes, this was all her fault, and if Korra is innocent then she will spend half of her life in jail if not worse for nothing.

"I will go visit her in the morning and see how she is, we hold her in one of the investigating facilities for now."

"When does the trial take place?"

"In two days, until then we have to find as much evidence and clues as possible"

There was silence once again, no one knew what to do or say anymore, they were discussing Korra's case for more than 3 hours, and they figured that the only possible options will be either bailing Korra out which was very little chance of succeed, or just hoping the judge will make her time imprisoned as short as possible, but the question "Is Korra innocent?" was still flooding in the air, because you can never know for sure who is the one to blame.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think you are clean enough, If I were you I wouldn't use your bending, or it will be worse for you, here's your leg, now get dry and get back to your cell"

The officers laughed as they turned off the water hose and threw the prosthesis of the left leg on the ground in front of the scared girl, the young Avatar crutching in the corner was hoping they will leave her be, but they dragged her to what they call "showers" as a punishment, or well punishment, more like to show her how things are, what to and what not to do, the cold water dripped down her wet hair, her clothes were soaking wet as well, she had to change into the cell uniform.

Korra slowly reached for her leg and put it on, once she was able to walk she got to the bench that was in the middle of the room, she had some clothes and rug there, as she was drying her hair, a young woman in a police uniform approached her

"Hey, you are the Avatar right?"

Korra just simply and slowly nodded

"Look even though some people deserve this treatment, I don't believe you are one of them, you saved my family"