"I ca.. can't. Don't ask.. anymore. If you love me.. t.. truly.. do.. don't ask anymore." I said sobbing in between.

He wiped my tears again. He stood up went to the bathroom. He came back with the glass bowl with warm water.

I looked up at him. He smiled his mesmerising smile that made me fall for him.. one of the things I love about him.

He wiped my face with the towel. He cleaned my neck, hands and every exposed skin he found on my body.

"Just know one thing, my love. Whatever it is. I will wait for you to tell me. I love you and I trust you." He said still cleaning me.

My guilt crept even more. Just.. how will I tell him ? Should I tell him? He understands me so much.. I don't deserve him. I did him bad. It's all my fault.

"Shh.. don't cry anymore, babe. You have to look charming and handsome in front of the higher ups. You are the devil's love after all." He patted my head softly.

I am still crying? I thought I stopped.

I chuckled at him.

"Ahh.. that's the smile I love. Now, baby. Smile even more for me? Please.." He whined and pouted.

A baby. I cannot take him as a king. I immediately laughed at his pouting face and whining voice.

"Your laughing sound is a melody.. I love it so much.. laugh more often. That's an order." He pointed a finger at me. Fuck, yeah. That's a turn on.

"Fine. You managed to cheer me up. I am in a better mood now." I really am. I am still smiling.

"Hmm. Let's get ready. We have some angels to impress."

He kissed my lips and got up from the bed. As he was about to make a call, I noticed his thumb ring.

I remember that while having sex, he slide his thumb inside me without taking it off. I told him to take his ring off as it was bugging me. But he rejected to take it off on my face.. while having sex.

"Mew, why do you never remove your thumb ring?" I asked removing my clothes for taking a shower.

I waited for his answer. But it never came. I completely stripped. And was about to wrap towel around my waist. Then I took a moment to look at him.

I smiled.

"My face is up here, Lucifer." I reminded him.

"What? Oh, yes. What were you saying?" He blinked many times and tried to make eye-contact failing miserably.

I wrapped the towel to save him from embarrassment.

"I asked why do you never remove your thumb ring."

"It's a soul ring. I have to wear it when I visit hell, or when I have to collect souls." He explained showing it.

I walked to him and took a close look to it.

"You mean, all the souls you have collected are.. in there?" I asked looking at him.

"Kind of."

I touched the ring and smiled.

Well, hello. Mama and papa.

Ironic.

"I am going to shower. Join me." I said already walking in.

"Hm. In a minute, my love. Have to make a call." He called from the room.

In shower, we still ended up making love despite deciding not to. Since we have a party to attend. But what can we do? We can't control.