Ch : 19 Calm before the storm

Mew-Pov

(The day when Mew went to meet his mother in the penthouse)

Angel Kaownah said I should meet her as it is something important. I can say that I already have an idea what she has to say. Still, let's find out.

I entered the penthouse and my mother was seating there waiting for me.

"Mother."

She turned her head. As she saw me, she came towards me. She bowed and just looked at me with questioning eyes.

"Give me a glimpse of what is going inside your devine mind, mother." I said when she just stared calmly.

"What is going on, Mew?" She crossed her arms to her chest.

I pretended to be innocent.

"What? I have no clue on what you are implying."

"You can't lie, even if you, your facial expressions always give you away. I will ask again, what is going on?" She seems determined.

"For the record, I am taking care of hell very fondly, I also sorted out the matter with Brother Tong, I didn't pull any attention of humans that would make them suspicious. So yeah, life is good."

She sighed and rubbed the tip of her nose, a habit.

"King.. Tell me what I want to hear."

"Elaborate on what you want to hear, mother. I cannot give away my secrets."

"Explain why am I feeling unrecognisable emotions from you, that I haven't felt in a very long time."

"What kind of emotions? I am always calm."

It's not like I am afraid to tell her about Gulf. But I know her, she would make a big fuss about it, I don't want that.

Gulf is already adjusting with supernatural. I don't want him to be more freaked out than he already is.

"Stop stalling. I want a proper sensible answer!" She is frustrated now.

"Alright. What do you want to know? I will answer honestly."

"Who is this person ? Why that angel is on earth and why his presence is not registered in heaven?"

She thinks I love an angel? Well, I do love an angel. Gulf is literally an angel but I think she misunderstood.

"Not an angel."

"A demon ? Even if you are fallen, you can't love a demon, Mew."

"Calm down, mother. He is not a demon."

"Wait.. he is.. a.. HE?" She looks so shocked. What is there to be shocked about ? It's not like heaven created any rules about it. The differences are only here on earth. In heaven, everyone has their own will to do anything.

"Is there a problem because he is a man?" I asked.

"Of course not! I am just surprised. If he is not an angel, a demon then what is he?"

"He is a.. human." I said in a very low voice that she probably didn't hear me.

"What?"

"A human." I said confidentially.

Her eyes widened in total shock. I felt her angry emotions.

"Control whatever emotions you are having, I don't want floods and earthquakes." I warned beforehand.

She instantly relaxed more. But still angry.

"You want to love the species that hurt you the most?"