part 3: meeting your superiors

Two looming figures.

One was entirely yellow; her hair, in a short bob with two large spike-like cowlicks that stuck up in the front. her outfit looked fitting for a war general, with the large spiked shoulder pads, and her knee high dark golden heeled boots. she had sharp eyes, golden with rhombus shaped pupils, which were narrowed into a mix of curiosity and obvious disturbance. However, they did have a look of interest.

The other beside her completely contrasted her in appearance, completely blue with her long, hair light blue hair wore down, it looping the front like some sort of shawl. She wore a long, elegant dress that covered her legs entirely, with large, long sleeves that thinned completely at her wrists. Her eyes were naturally slanted down, with long thick, lashes streaking down from her bottom eyelids, complete with darker blue bags beneath them. They looked sad. Mournful, almost. like her yellow comrade; she had rhombus shaped pupils, only her visage showed more sympathy and interest. Though she did have the mild look of disturbance present in her eyes.

Both of them had a gem shining, almost proudly on their chests, both of which had the same shape as their pupils, only the blue gem was thinner in appearance.

As for their sizes...

...You were surprised you didn't poof from shock and fear at the height of these two massive gems.

You've seen large creatures, but these two made the ones you've encountered look like mere pebbles.

These... they must be the diamonds.

If it wasn't for the muzzle, your mouth would be hanging open stupidly in wordless terror.

There was a lengthy stare-down period between you and the massive figures, them exchanging the look of skepticism between each other, before the yellow one huffs and leans foreward, hardening her stare at you.

"Can you understand me?" The yellow gem asked, making you flinch and step back subtly. Her voice reverberated around the room, despite speaking at what you could assume was a normal volume.

If this is her normal volume, I'm not looking to hear it raise in the slightest.

Almost instantly, you nodded your head vigorously in response, with a muffled, fearful "uh huh". To your relief, the large gem's face softened slightly, looking mildly impressed with your answer. "Hm... that's a promising sign..." she muttered, leaning back slightly, her narrowed eyes looking you up and down. There was more staring on her part, which made you shuffle subtly on your paws and hooves in unease. "And the fact you were able to survive our attack and remain placid like this is another thing..." she hummed, resting her cheek against her gloved hand. After a second, she waved her hand subtly. "Take the muzzle off."

The wha-?

At once the gem soldier beside you clicked something on your face bindings, and before you knew it, the tight restriction you felt against your muzzle was taken off, allowing you open your mouth and give a sigh of relief, reaching a paw up to rub at your numb chin. Finally... even if you didn't remotely need it; feeling the cool air on your muzzle felt like a gift.

"Now, first thing's first." The yellow gem suddenly quips, making you snap your head up with a startled "hru?" She narrowed her eyes slightly at catching your attention before speaking up again. "Do you remember what gem you are?" You swallow a lump in your throat, looking down at yourself in thought. That answer should be easy enough...

After a brief memory search, you looked up, shifting your weight onto your hind legs to hold her sharp gaze. "A... A (G-Gem)." Your voice came out meek and rasped, which made the soldier beside you snicker to herself. Apperantly, she was amused by your fear. Unfortunately, the yellow giant was far from amused. In fact, showed the look of dissatisfaction and leaned forward slightly, eyes narrowing in irritation. The blue one was leaned forward as well, but she looked more confused than annoyed. "Speak up. I can't hear you if you speak at such a volume." She reprimanded sharply, making you flinch and shrink in your spot from the slight raise in volume. "What is your gem? Do not make me ask a third time." She sounded quite impatient, much to the clear concern of the blue gem beside her. "Easy, yellow." The other gems seemed to show unease at this as well, with the two pearls barely repressing their whimpers and jasper showing discomfort. "Speak louder, runt!" she hissed, with a hard elbow to your shoulder.