Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Sɪx

Start from the beginning

"Genie, can I talk to you?" Will's voice was no louder than a whisper when he tugged lightly on the taller girl's arm.

"Yeah," Genie plastered a warm smile on her face though they both knew it was fake, "We'll be right back."

Mike nodded and the two walked out into the hallway.

"I want to explain everything before it's too late," Will began, "The day in the field, when the shadow monster got me, I think it did something. It's more than just here-"

"It's inside you, right. Like it's trying to possess you or something?" Genie interrupted.

"Sort of. It leaves me be when it doesn't need me but when it does, it's like I'm seeing through someone else's eyes.". He trailed off, "Genie, how do you destroy a monster without becoming one?

Genie sighed in sympathy at the breaking of his voice.

"We'll get that thing out," She gave Will a small hug and pulled away, "Promise."

"Thank you," The corners of his mouth turned up slightly as he said this.

"Guys!" Mike came around the corner, alerting his two friends, "Bob's here."

"Hey, kiddos," Bob's smile was so cheerful, it took Genie by surprise, "You drew all these?"

"Mmhm." Will nodded.

"Why, exactly?"

"I told you the rules, no questions, okay?" Joyce cut in, "We just need you to help us figure out where this is."

"Just find the x." Genie gestured to the large red x drawn over the intersection of thick, blueish lines.

"What's at the x?" Bob chuckled slightly, "Pirate treasure?"

"Bob, no questions." Joyce said sternly.

"Let me talk to you for a second," His smile had faded ever so slightly.  Joyce and Bob walked out into the living room and Bob began to point out lakes and rivers that the blue lines resembled.

The three kids watched in anticipation as the two adults wandered through the house, making connections everywhere.

"I think they figured it out, guys." Genie whispered excitedly.

"It's not a puzzle, it's a map!" Bob said as she entered the kitchen again, "A map of Hawkins! Right, Will?"

Will froze momentarily but nodded as if he knew what exactly his house had turned into.

"If Bob knows the places then we just need the measurements between them to find out x!" Genie put the pieces together in her head and ran off to find metre sticks.

And soon they were all holding metre sticks to the walls and shouting out numbers Genie couldn't keep track of.

"Bob, sweetie, isn't this enough?" Joyce complained after about ten minutes of measuring places, "Can't you just give us an estimate?"

"Well the ratio isn't exactly one-to-one but if I had to estimate" Bob paused and glanced at the group who had gathered beside his chair, "and it's really an estimate, I'd say...a half mile east of Danford?"

"Thank you." Joyce whispered, lightly kissing the top of his head and rushing for the front door.  Mike, Genie and Will followed while Bob knit his brows.

"We're actually going?" He asked to nobody in particular before getting up and jogging after the four.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Aw Bob 🥺

Sorry this is a bit shorter than usual but I wanted to end it here because I have something to say.
I went to a virtual reality place yesterday and decided to play Spider-Man Far From Home Storymode.  Unsurprisingly I died during the first battle but that's not what I'm talking about.
My dumbass started thinking, I should read another Peter Parker fanficion, y'know get back into them.  Then my dumbass said let's start another fanfic abt him so now I have yet another unfinished fan fiction.
Fuuuun heh... I'm so mad at myself rn

See you in part two <3