"Are you alright?" I asked her and sat on the seat in front of her, leaning my arms on my knees and stretching my arms forward to gently brush my fingers against her knee.

She wore a skirt with high socks and a jumper. She also had a scarf on and her coat and bag was on the seat beside her.

She nodded her head but it couldn't have been more forced, "I'm just a little nervous about returning back to school."

Trees and fog-covered fields flew by out the window.

"Why?" I asked but I had a feeling I knew why, "Noah?"

Her eyes snapped to mine just at the mention of his name, "Yes."

Her face was hollow with tiredness and I noticed her cheekbones had become more prominent and she all around looked slimmer. She was not doing okay and I felt an awful ache in my heart. To say I was worried and angry would be an understatement.

I felt like there was nothing I could do or say to make her feel better. I wanted to tell her that he won't hurt her, that I will protect her. And although I would try my best—no I'd try even harder than my best—but I knew I stood no chance up against Noah and his dad. The two most powerful wizards on earth.

I felt utterly useless.

"Have you been eating? Sleeping?" I asked her, although I already knew the answer.

She looked at me and met my eyes while she became lost in thought. My hand gripped her knee while she pinched her fingers, "I have been trying but—" she shook her head, "I'm so scared, Draco," tears pooled in her eyes, "I am so afraid that I feel sick."

I leaned forward further and with my hand, I wiped a fallen tear from her cheek, "I promise you, Eliza, that I won't let him hurt you. It's not just us fighting against him anymore. Dumbledore is involved, and the Ministry too. You're not alone in this."

She nodded her head again, "I know. I just. . . I feel like he is always watching me."

Instinctively, I looked around the carriage and I knew we were alone, "If he is here I will knock him out."

She smiled and seeing her smile made me feel so much warmer inside. Seeing her afraid made me want to go to this war alone and kill the bastard.

"You don't need to be afraid," I promised her, "not if I'm around."

"I love you," she whispered just as the voice of the food trolley squeaked down the carriage and the voice of the woman calling for food.

"I love you," I told her and then stood. I placed a kiss on her forehead and then walked to the door. Just as I opened the door, the elderly woman grinned up at me.

"Anything from the trolley?" she asked.

"Yes, do you have any warm cinnamon buns left?" I asked, "And any pumpkin pies?"

"I do, dear. How many?" She opened a drawer of the trolley.

"Two of each," I told her, "and two hot chocolates too."

"Yes, dear," she muttered, gathering all the food.

"Oh and two of those chocolate bars as well, please," I asked.