|| 084|| Hot And Cold 🔱 O/F (SAU)

Start from the beginning

"I don't know where you are" Gura whispered to herself, staring out at the ocean. The place she once called home felt so lonely now. She just shook her head a raised a fist to her chest.

"I will find you one day" Gura nodded before jumping back into the water with a splash.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were cold. Despite the fact that you were dressed in four separate layers, a pair of gloves and two pairs of socks along with a thick, woollen beanie, you were still cold. Oh, and you couldn't forget your favourite blanket that was wrapped tightly around your shoulders and your specially made water bottle clutched tightly to your torso.

But still, your human body continued to shiver.

Somewhere on the other side of the room sat your roommate who was tinkering with her pocket watch. Amelia only looked up when she heard you start shuffling over to the apartment's thermostat with the intent to turn up the temperature. Both of you knew it wouldn't help you, but if it gave you a false sense of warmth, Amelia could endure a little extra sweat.

But, Amelia being Amelia, she still had to comment playfully on it... Like Amelia does. It didn't irritate you, in fact, it was little banter like this which made you eternal life a little brighter.

"Your hot water bottle not warm enough?" Amelia's tone held that playful edge like most of her quips did. You let the blankets around your shoulders hang loose, sighing contentedly.

"No actually, the room is getting warmer" You brushed off her question. Amelia just nodded, going back to doing whatever she did with her watch. But then it hit her, the cogs in her mind spinning quickly like the ones in her timepiece.

"Wait a second..." She muttered out loud, before what you had said fully sunk in. It seemed like the same thing had just happened to you, as Amelia heard you jump to your feet, exclaiming a matter of things she couldn't understand as you rushed to your room. Amelia ran after you, seeing you shove an assortment of random objects into a suitcase.

"Wait wait wait (Y/N)! Calm down!" The detective reached over to grab your hands to prevent you from grabbing anything else. The look on your face was one of pure excitement, and Amelia felt a little bad from restraining you like this.

"But Watson, I'm warmer! We're closer! I have to find them. It's been 9000 years..." You trailed off, feeling a little guilty at Amelia's tired expression. She took off her hat and ran her fingers through her hair.

"Ok, calm down. Figure out which direction they're in, and then come back to me" Amelia pointed at you, put her hat back on before leaving the room. You heard her talking to someone on the phone, presumably Ina, about something, but you had something else to do.

So with that, you spent the entire afternoon wandering around, figuring out which direction made you feel warmer and which direction made you feel colder. Amelia, on the other hand, spent the the afternoon working on something. She even got Ina to come over and help her.

And of course with her detective intuition, and just the fact you would sit in one particular spot in the apartment, Amelia was able to whittle down which direction made you feel the warmest.

You spent the rest of the afternoon curled up on top of a bookshelf, head pressed against the glass as you imagined. You thought of many different things, thinking forward months to what you could be doing with your soulmate.

Sometimes being a god/goddess could be extremely lonely, and you really didn't want to feel like that anymore. Sure, Watson was a good friend, but seeing her act all lovey-dovey with Ina made your gut twist in envy.