Putting her on the bed, I left the room, locking the door behind me. I went back to the car and took the groceries I bought at the gas station.

I didn't want to leave her alone in the room and go shopping during our stay at the hotel. She was only three years old and would be afraid of being alone.

And I couldn't take her with me because she wasn't supposed to move much until her insides were a little more healed. Moreover, I couldn't risk her being kidnapped again. I wouldn't leave her side until she was safe.

Sighing in exhaustion, I carried the grocery bags and our suitcase into our room. Unfortunately for me, the hotel didn't have an elevator and I had to take the stairs.

"Finally," I muttered as I entered our room. I put the shopping bags on the small desk in our room before putting our suitcase next to the bed.

I looked at Zia as I opened the suitcase and grabbed some clothes for myself. I gave her her medication an hour ago. And the medication made her sleepy, so she should sleep for another half an hour.

That meant I could shower until she woke up. I kissed her head, before going into the bathroom. I didn't want to leave her side. I wanted to lie down next to her. I wanted to cuddle with her.

But I could not. I had this disgusting man's touch lingering on my body. And I wanted to wash it off, as soon as possible, which meant now.

Stripping off my clothes, I immediately jumped into the shower. And I didn't cry. I wanted to cry in order to leave all my emotions out, but I couldn't. It felt like there was a vain inside me, I felt numb.

Generally, my mind was fucked up. I felt like a mess. I felt like I was messing up mistakes more while trying to fix them. Everything I did where I thought was right came out wrong.

I was fucked up. He fucked me up. However, I had to pull myself back together, I couldn't lose myself, I had a child who was relying on me, and needed me.

As my body got red from scrubbing, I stopped and got out of the shower before drying myself with a towel and putting on my pajamas. Wrapping my hair in a towel, I left the bathroom.

I smiled as I saw Zia sitting awake on the bed. "Hey, baby," I said before sitting down on the bed next to her.

"Where are we mom? And why are your eyes so red? Are you sad?" she asked me. "No, no, I'm not sad," I said, kissing her cheek with a smile. "We're in a hotel. And I'm very happy, I cried out of happiness."

"Why are we in a hotel? And why did you cry out of happiness?" she asked confused. "Because we're going to daddy," I said, and she smiled happily.

"Really, mom? We're going to dad?" she asked excitedly, her eyes sparkling. "Yes! We're going to daddy!" I told her with the same excitement.

"And when will we be with daddy?" she asked me happily. "Maybe in two weeks," I said, pulling her for a hug.

"How long is two weeks?" she asked me. "A fourteen days," I said, stroking her head. "How long is fourteen days?" she asked again.

"My ten fingers plus your four fingers," I showed her and she frowned. "That's a lot of fingers, mom. Why so long?" she asked impatiently.

"Because dad lives in another country and we have to fly there by plane. And mommy has to take care of a few things before we go to dad," I told her as her head was now on my lap and I went through her hair with my hand. She loved it when I played with her hair.

"Okay, I think I can wait fourteen days," she said before looking at me with a smile. "Do you think daddy is exciting to meet us?"

"I'm sure he can't wait to see you," I said with a smile. As much as I hated him, I really prayed that he was alive.

I needed someone to protect my daughter from a dead gangster's family, even if I was scared about how he'd punish me for running away from him.

Would he hit me? Would he throw me into the basement? Would he use my body again to give him a son this time? Maybe he already had an heir and wouldn't force me to give him an heir?

No matter what he had planned for me or would do to me, I was had to face it for Zia.

I was ready to sacrifice everything I had fought for years for my daughter. Because if I lost my daughter because of the stupid mistake I did, I would kill myself as she was the only reason I was still breathing.

"Mom? Are you listening to me?" I heard Zia ask, coming back from my thoughts. I smiled and took her hand from my face, which she put on my face to get my attention.

"Sorry baby what did you say?" I asked her, kissing her hand. "I said we could finally be a family! You know, like in the movies! You, dad and me!" she clapped her hands.

"Yeah, just like in the movies." Like in horror movies.

I cursed myself for dragging her into a lifestyle I'd tried to escape for years.

And I hoped one day she would forgive me after meeting her father and realizing that I had taken her to a monster.

❤️❤️❤️vote and comment❤️❤️❤️