22 | wherefore art thou romeo?

Start from the beginning

"Barcelona, I think." She replies. Asher and Harlow, Myla's parents went on vacation the other days and they won't be back for two weeks. They did plan on taking her with them but Myla was more interested in spending time with Jacey.

I mean.. spending time with Jacey or a vacation to Barcelona? Hmm.. decisions, decisions.

Only joking.. I love Jacey. Sometimes.

It's strange to look at my friendship with Myla from an outsiders perspective. Both our fathers were best friends, well they still are.. and yet here we are.. best friends too.

It's comforting to know that if we can do it, maybe our future children could too.

"So when is this big wedding?" Aven asks.

"Two weeks." I reply and I spot all four girls raising their eyebrows in a suggestive manner. "It's strange that I've never actually met the bride-to-be before, but their engagement party is this Saturday, so I guess we'll meet her there."

Sienna raises a brow. "There's a race this Saturday too," she says and I nod slowly.

"I know.. we're going to go afterwards." I reply and her eyes widen a little.

"You're going?"

"Mmhh." I mumble and pick up my drink, sipping through the straw. "We spoke a lot about it and we decided that we will go and see how it is. Rio isn't racing though."

"The boys will be happy," she replies and the corners of my lips tug up into a small smile.

That's all I want. For everyone to be happy. For Rio to be happy. I know that the tracks give that to him. They're his place to escape from reality and have fun. To briefly forget about the responsibilities he has at home and just spend some time with his friends.

"It will be good to have you both back," she comments and nudges my arm playfully.

Shyla looks around the restaurant, signalling for waitress. One soon approaches and offers us all a polite smile. "Yes ma'am, what can I get for you?"

"Whatever was just in my drink, I'd like another one please." Shyla says and I stifle a laugh, resting my elbow on the table and covering my mouth with a closed fist.

How we're even being served in this restaurant is beyond me. The only people who are twenty-one here are Aven and Sienna.

Oh, that's it.. we're in Russo's.

I spot Romeo enter the restaurant out of the corner of my eye, locks of his dark blond hair hanging down over his eye as he lifts a tattooed arm, running his fingers through it and pushing it back. 

His navy blue shirt rolled up to his elbows, the buttons undone and his expensive looking cufflinks clearly visible. A pair of black slacks fit his legs, paired with a heavily polished black shoe, probably costing more than my damn car.

I watch as he speaks with a blonde woman, nodding at whatever she says to him. He turns his head and his eyes flick around the restaurant, somehow landing on mine. 

He places a quick kiss to her cheek before excusing himself, slowly making his way towards me. The strong essence of his aftershave hits my nose before he even gets remotely close to me and I can't help but smile.