{6} Troubling Thoughts

This chapter is dedicated to @underratxd_ . Thanks for the reads, votes and comments pal! They give me motivation to write more. Hope you like where this 'thing' is going lol. 
Have a great day!!

She sat down on the edge of my bed cautiously. I stood against the door frame, hands across my chest.

"Well?" I prompted when a few moments of silence passed.

"I don't know where to start . . . " she trailed off.

"The beginning, maybe?" I asked sarcastically. She almost flinched.

Why is she acting so touchy? She knows I know she's got a thicker skin than that. What's with the act?

I looked at her with a blank expression. To say I was suspicious would've been an understatement.

"Why do you hate us so much?" She asked.

"Oh, so you noticed. What gave it away? Was it the exasperated looks or the obvious displeasure your company brings to me?"

Her eyebrows pulled together. "Belle, I'm serious."

"So am I."

"Belle."

"Me estás preguntando en serio eso (are you seriously asking me that)?!" I asked incredulously, referring to her previous question.

She sighed.

"It's for yo-"

"Don't even bother finishing that sentence," I snapped.

"Deja de interrumpirme (stop interrupting me)," she commanded sharply, shooting me a stern look. And there she is. I rolled my eyes. Yes, she looked intimidating, but I was beyond giving any more fucks to the situation.

"I'm your mother, Belle," she chastised.

"Oh," I taunted, "Where were you, mother, when I had my first period and was scared out of my life? When I had cramps so bad I couldn't breathe properly? Or that time when I had my first crush? Or my first boyfriend? You know what? I'll make it easier, name my first crush."

She was silent.

I scoffed. "That's what I thought."

"Tu no entiendes (You don't understand)."

"Make me." Although my voice couldn't have been stronger and demanding, I was dying inside. It was one thing to know you weren't loved by someone and sort of come to terms with it. It was a whole other thing to see them making empty gestures towards you. It was like picking at a healing wound and tearing it open again - it hurt.

"I-I... can't," her voice faltered.

I let out a humorless chuckle.

"Then there's nothing to talk about, is there?" I straightened up and busied my hands by rubbing them down on my flat stomach, smoothing the already smooth material there.

"Your father and I love you," she whispered.

"Yeah, right." I rolled my eyes. "And I am stupid."

"It's true," She tried and I closed my eyes shaking my head, "He has his reasons to act the way he does, Belle, please trus-"

"If you're here to advocate your affections towards me and Jake, I suggest you stop playing Courtroom with me," I cut her off, "This is a family, mother, if we can even call it that at this point. It doesn't have a judge who listens to proofs and witnesses presented before them. You are not an Attorney here. It's not a trial; not that you make a good defense anyway.