AFTERWORD.

— 

Well, hello there, my lovely reader and friends! I am both sad and happy to announce the end of The Dreamwalker, Book 1! Genuinely, holy shit, that was one hell of a rollercoaster ride. I never expected I'd actually be able to finish this book ;-; 

But I did, and I couldn't be anymore proud. 

I am writing this afterword to thank you all for the immense love and support you have shown this book. And although, I am very sad to part with you all, do not worry! Because this is only book 1 of the TDW series and we will see each other again! 

Below are some of the things that were not mentioned(either outright or not at all) within the book.

_

- [Name]'s family and ancestry.

Elita [Lastname] is the very first Dreamwalker of the [Lastname] family. The gifter, is some sort of immortal being that fell in love with Elita during a war which I will not specify. Elita is a young nurse in charge of the troops in which the gifted is stationed.

They were together for a long time, even after Elita's death. They had two children which then grew up and also had children. There are exactly twelve generations of [Lastname]s before you, [Name] was born. You are a direct descendant, and the reason you are one of the strongest of your family is sort of because of natural selection.

The gifted is all knowing. He knows which of the family members have the courage to receive his gift, and he found great potential in you which is why you were chosen. 

Erdon is [Name]'s great-great grandfather. And his daughter is the woman who summoned the Caligo. Aurelia came from this line of the family, as well as Anita.

Anita then went on to marry Eugene and gave birth to [Name]'s mother. But Anita and Eugene has cut ties with their daughter because she didn't want anything to do with [Name] and them. The reason why her parents were never really mentioned is because they really are out of the picture. There is no redemption for them.

Anita is a less stronger dreamwalker because she never really wanted that life, and the gifter knew that. There's no hard feelings between there.

- [Name]'s powers

In regards to [Name]'s powers; it's sort of alive. As I mentioned in the first few chapters, when she/or her abilities feel impending danger, it reacts on it's own and teleports [Name] as far away from it as possible.

The reason her abilities are alive is because the gifter is also still alive; somewhere. As long as the provider remains alive, so is the [Lastname] power. 

You can say that he's sort of like her guardian angel.

Here are the list of the things [Name] can do;

Psychometry

Dream manipulation

Daydream manipulation

The ability to visit other people's dreams and daydreams

The ability to open passages and seal said passages

Travel through different worlds and possibly even take any knowledge and item she wishes to take(but never uses it because Anita said it's not right)

High resistance to pyschic manipulation(emotional, mental, sexual) - but bear in mind that she is only resistant, not immune.

She can travel through other people's mind and go through their memories(seen as doors)

She can also travel alternate universes(will be tackled on book 2)

Can (unconsciously) bring people inside her consciousness(dreams, daydreams) with physical touch. (This can be seen with Five)

- Others

Ingrid was from the orphanage [Name] was in. She was an immigrant, left by her mother in the orphanage. The nuns felt too sorry to throw her away. She left at the age of eighteen from which she then gifted three year old [Name] the dreamcatcher. Ingrid had visions of [Name]'s abilities and felt connected to her which is why she befriended her when she was younger.

The dreamcatcher is basically a dreamwalker catcher lmao. It managed to catch Anita at the right time, which led to Five meeting the two. If it wasn't for the dreamcatcher, he would've passed by them completely unaware.

The [Lastname] Handbook and the properties were only made possible because Anita found out about it in the altered timeline of 1963. If she didn't come with Aurelia, there would be no inheritance under [Name]'s name and the Handbook will be destroyed.

In the original timeline of 1963, Aurelia died in [state/country], where the book would be destroyed. She had no visions of [Name], so she never taught Anita and they never really got close.

In the altered timeline, Aurelia had visions of [Name], which led her to train Anita so she could train [Name]. She went to Texas, had the book delivered to Anita, then took on the Caligo herself before passing away.

- What to expect in The Dreamwalker Book 2, or officially known as The Chronicles of the Dreamwalker

A one year timeskip.

Hazel and [Name] will cross paths again.

The Handler will be the main antagonist.

Angst between [Name] and Five (;-;)

Klaus and [Name] duo.

A strange visitor.

the Commission.

The birth of Claire.

Book 2 will be more lighthearted and more action packed.

_

Whew! Well, there we have it. 

Once again, I want to thank each and everyone of you for the amount of support you've given me and this book. I never would've been able finished it if it weren't for you guys.

In regards to Book 2, it will be published sometime later; maybe in May or June, but it definitely won't be long and the wait will definitely be worth it. I'm so excited for the sequel.

Also, before I forget, DESOLATION, a zombieAU! with Five and Reader will be published soon as well, and I hope you guys would still support this one! I'm very excited for it and I hope you all will love it! 

DESOLATION will tackle a very violent story full of mature themes; violence, gore, and sexual themes. Definitely heavier than TDW!

I will post an announcement about DESOLATION sometime soon, as well as a sneak peek to The Chronicles of the Dreamwalker. 

Once again, thank you all so much! I love you all! ♡