through time and space

A/N: I named it The Caligo, because Caligo in Latin means mist, and darkness. And since it has no definite form, only a dark mist that looks humanoid.

also, y'all...shit's abt to go down...

_

"Well, I didn't bother telling you because Caligo has long been buried. My aunt-a dreamwalker like us, but much more like you-sealed the passage from where it came from..." [Name] managed to be even more confused of her grandmother's words. Her aunt? Much like her? What is that supposed to mean?

Vanya speaks up, "can [Name] also seal said passage, then?"

Diego leans back on his seat, trying to get the whole idea to sink in his brain. Luther also seems deep in thought while Klaus is silent as he listens. Surely, if Klaus can close his connections with certain spiritual realms, then maybe [Name] can do it too?

"How was she able to seal it?" Five asks as he ponders on how exactly does this whole dreamwalking thing goes. He's not an expertise in the field, and reading about it didn't help him one bit. [Name]'s abilities are so much more complex, and unsupported by scientific means that his head start to hurt from how unfamiliar it is to him.

But [Name]'s grandmother looks almost sad at what he asked, "I don't know the full details, but it caused so much strain in her mind that she never woke up after sealing it. She died a couple of days later," the woman glances at [Name] with a desperate look, "only the one with the ability of planeswalking know how to do it. It's like natural selection. I'm so sorry, darling."

"So you can't help me?" [Name]'s voice is shaking with a hint of disappointed anger. Five thought that this is the first time he's seen her this genuinely upset and angry.

The woman sighs, "I'm sorry, [Name]. I would if I know, but I never managed to enter her consciousness after it all because she wouldn't let me. I can only travel the dreams of others. I can't travel through space and time."

"Can't you conjure her, Klaus?" [Name] snaps her head to Klaus who jumps, shaking his head with a soft expression.

"I can't conjure the spirits who's passed on to the afterlife." He explains to the girl, who scoffs as angry tears streams down her face. She turns back to her grandmother, face in a scowl.

"So what, then? I just let all this bullshit happen, wait for someone to die because of it and live the rest of my life not knowing how to stop this Caligo?! How do I even manage to understand how sealing passages work? You never taught me!" Klaus tries to talk some sense to the girl who's clearly blinded by rage, but she slaps his hand away, "and now, the world's gonna end because of me! Do you know how that feels?!"

Her grandmother takes a deep breath, face hardening, "no, but I definitely wouldn't cry and whine about it like a brat. Listen to me [Name], my aunt didn't know how to seal that piece of shit either, but she managed to do it," walking closer to her crying granddaughter, she continues as she holds the girl's shoulder, "have I taught you nothing? Endure, and learn. How do you learn more about your abilities without me teaching you about it?"

[Name]'s lips quiver as guilt and shame overcomes her form. Her eyes pulls away from her grandmother's steely ones, instead landing on the floor as she whispers, "by using it...traveling through the planes of my own mind...and understanding myself."

"That's right."

Clearing his throat, Ben awkwardly cuts in, "uhm...so, what do we do now, then?"