enigma

Notes:

A/N: For the sake of TUA, I decided to incorporate The City in the story. It's location won't be disclosed and will only be referred to as the City.

also just a filler chapter ahead

_

It's all a blur in her eyes. She couldn't really focus for one, plus, the honking cars that they almost bumped into them are bursting through her eardrums. She had asked if she could open the window, but Allison said it wasn't such a good idea. How does puking in this car sound? Bet it ain't gonna be a good idea either.

[Name]'s heart is pounding against her ribcage, and she turns to look at a bloody Five and a seething Diego.

Just five minutes earlier, Allison received a call in her burner phone, which Diego then answered. She couldn't make out what the other end of the line was saying, but the male sounded sheepish.

"What the hell do you mean!?" Diego exclaimed as Five clutched his eyes shut in annoyance, jaw clenched. Allison ignored Diego meanwhile, focusing her dark eyes on the road before squeaking as another truck almost hit them when they turned. [Name] felt bile rising in her throat, nauseous. 

"So--slow down!" Diego hissed, and then the other line stoped before speaking slower--and louder too. But despite it, she was only able to make out a few words.

"We ran...these uhh...pair in masks, I don't....how to explain it, uh..."

Another man speaks from the other line, "just give me the phone!"

Diego runs a hand down his face in exasperation.

"One of....was a woman, she was wearing this....dog....other guy....blue....colorful...don't know...explain it...they....government....agents--"

"I knew it, there was no chance that the Commission hasn't picked up on this." Five muttered, but loud enough for everyome to hear. Allison glanced worriedly back at her adopted brother--if they really are adopted siblings like what she said earlier--who in turn ignored her gaze.

The call ended abruptly when Five suddenly threw the burner phone out the car window, but not after he advised that they meet up at home, and to tell Vanya and Luther about it. Diego just sat frozen, the phone no longer in his hands before he tightly clutched the air where it once was.

"Five, you need to fix your manners." Diego scolds the boy like a child, and Five looks at him with a sarcastic face, with his tongue pressed against his cheek, lips perked up and mouth open due to disbelief. 

It's a clear expression that says, 'did you just say that to my face?'

Before it escalated, [Name] gasps, realizing something, "oh my God! I'm in a car with random people!" She runs her hands on her hair, panicking again as she tries to open the car door.