the boy

Running.

Somehow, he's always running

Not in a sense of physical, but he felt as though running. Running towards something. Something bigger than himself and what he's grown accustomed to over the years.

When he runs, he feels as though he can reach what he's supposed to be looking for. What he's reaching for.

A scoff came from him as he skimmed through the book he's currently holding, eyes never leaving and always reading inbetween the pages.

Running?

More like spatial jumping.

Closing the book with a snap, he sighed, cracking his neck as he stood from where he sat.

It's a normal afternoon in the mansion.

And as usual, it felt as though something is missing. The days has gone on like a bore, and it's come to the point where he felt like going back or forward in time. Just to do something. Feel something.

The halls were quiet, and it fueled the somber loneliness clinging inside his chest. Half of the people he lives with are out doing something with their time, and even when they're in the same room, a fight or two breaks out.

It's almost like a joke.

Or maybe, they are the joke.

'World's most popular heroes.'

Snorting in spite, he headed down the stairs to get something to eat, then finding Luther sitting on the living room couch, head in a book relating to the moon.

Disturbed, he walked past him, to which the bigger and taller man took notice.

"Oh, hey, Five, " he had a bit of a smile, entertained by what he's read, "did you know that--"

"Maybe later, Luther." He gave a tight lipped smile, head already hurting. Turning his back, he didn't see Luther just shrug his shoulders, used by Five's dismissive attitude.

But before he could leave the main living room, the front door slammed open.

"Ho, ho, holy shit, you guys won't believe what I just witnessed--"

"Maybe later, Klaus." Came Luther's reply and Five immediately spatial jumped out of Klaus' sight and into the kitchen.

He just doesn't feel like entertaining him today. Or any day at all.

He heard Klaus dismiss Luther, words spewing past his mouth as Luther tried to tell him he's reading something important in the middle of his dialogue.

Sighing in exasperation and exhaustion, he started making his sandwhich, just the way he likes it. Finishing, he spatial jumped on the top of the stairs near the living room, ignoring Klaus' greeting. 

But before the sandwich reaches his mouth, the door was slammed open once more, and this time, it was Diego in all his emo boy get-up, face serious. 

Five gripped the sandwhich in his palm, face twitching. So much for a peaceful day.

"You've got to be kidding..."

"Get dressed and follow me. We have a problem." Diego grabbed some of his items at the coffee table and Klaus sat up from the couch, eyes blinking.

"Diego, you...you have something on your face," Reaching to him, Diego swatted his hand away with a 'wtf?' face, "oh, it's a mole."

Ignoring the stoner, Five spatial jumped in the middle of the three, "Spit it out, Diego."

Luther stood as well, eyebrows furrowing as they watch Diego shuffle his feet, almost debating wether to say it or not.

"Stop shuffling like a schoolgirl, Diego and spit. it. out." Five gritted his teeth, annoyed at his hesitance.

"It's some next level shit."

Before Klaus could get a word in, Diego continued, "like alien shit."

What?