Part twelve: Among Us

Disclaimer: the final chapter is told in the perspective of Anonymous. I gave you heads up just to avoid confusion. Please enjoy :)

MIRA HQ - October 20th 2820 - 6:25am - 5 minutes before we're sent to space

Unity. The most important thing that humans need to have to live in a peaceful society is a sense of unity. Without unity, society cannot get along. Without unity, society cannot adapt to one another and forgets basic communication.

Without unity, society cannot function.

This was the analysis that the new crew and I had. That is why we instantaneously clicked as friends: we showed unity when the majority of society did not.

I had learned everyone's name and due to the five hours I had talking with them and meeting them, I realised they were the greatest people I was ever going to meet. They had incredible, beautiful, violent and inspiring stories of how they challenged the wrongs in society.

Redacted had learned how to pilot ships after they escaped from Area 51. They drove us back to MIRA HQ where we all now sat in a circle in silence, and we kept it that way.

Parsnip was revived after the incident they had one year ago. Junior was now older and was now helping contribute to the conversations on different ships. FnP had extracted his revenge from the gang that killed his family and he felt fulfilled and he could die happily. Nuggies, Toast, Barker and Tamago had been sticking together ever since they burned down the HQ in L.A.

Redacted regained the confidence they strived for ever since they escaped and they unified with the big group the year they were forced to work for Innersloth. Noodle and Kooki struggled through their first years working for them, however in the end, they met us and now according to them, they felt fantastic.

As we arrived at MIRA, Nuggies excitedly began lining us up to put out spacesuits on. They colour coded the suits, like they did during the initiation and for old times sake, I took the white one. Barker took red, Redacted took light green, Tamago took orange, Nuggies took pink, Noodle took dark green, Parsnip chose white, like me, Toast took cyan, FnP took black, Kooki took yellow and Axel took purple, like he did during the initiation.

Even though I had barely met these people, it was incredible to see them mingle with one another. Now we all sat in a circle, waiting for SKELD. I looked up and Toast and mine eyes crossed. I shot her a smile and she returned the gesture. I looked at the astronaut helmet that rested in my lap and began to play with the visor on it. I looked around once again at my new friends and felt happy and comfortable with them, no matter if one of us were going to stab another in the back.

Suddenly, the ground shook underneath us and we looked at each other. In unison, we all rose to the shaking and went to the helipad to see the giant SKELD ship that stood before us. We knew that we had the ability to revive each other just in case something bad happened and we looked at each other with hope and happiness. The group began to walk towards the ship and put their helmets on. I stopped and looked at the rising sun. It bled out of the ground, like a small globe of blood gathering on a small scratch. I smiled and put on my helmet and advanced towards the ship.

Usually, on a day like this where I didn't know what was coming, I would be having a panic attack due to the apprehension. But today, I felt as if I had nothing left to lose. I was willing to be a good guy today, but I was also willing to be a bad guy. I was willing to kill today, solve a mystery today or die today. And while these would be my friends for years to come, we would all eventually die. Because no matter how many missions we did, no matter how many laughs there would be, there will always be an imposter Among Us.

The end