Part eight: FnP - The Victim

May 13th 2804 - Seattle University - The Night My Brothers Were Murdered

8 pm:

Pathways. Pathways can be a multitude of subjects that set our lives into what they are today. Your pathway in life has many twists and turns and one day, you will come to a fork in the road, and you will have to choose that path. Once you choose the path you desire, and depending on how passionate you are about your pathway, you do not look back.

It was a Thursday afternoon in Seattle and crime had increased dramatically over the last two months. A large criminal organisation known as "The Imposters," were feeding their bloodlust on the innocent lives in Seattle. They prayed on the weak, and had inhumane powers that made everyday citizens fear for their lives. They would wake up asking themselves every morning if they were going to be the next victim.

No one knew their origins, nor did they know who this organisation was. Because of the lack of information, they gave them the code name "The Imposters." And they controlled the people like a board game; They controlled society.

As the sun dropped into the desolated world, two brothers who were called Justin and Flynn had just finished studying for the night in Seattle University and quietly walked down a set of stairs outside, snapping their heads left and right, anticipating that The Imposters might ambush them, slaughter them, then disappear into the night. As apprehensive as the two brothers were, they smiled at each other when their eyes crossed. The stars glowed in the night and some of them twinkled, however some of the stars that twinkled slowly died off and were consumed in the darkness.

The brothers made sure to stay on footpaths while avoiding light poles so they weren't exposed. They stuck to the footpath's so they would not make as much noise compared to running across grass. By the time they had descended the stairs, they were out of school property and they knew they were not safe. They could have stayed at the University and camped there for the night, but they would be caught for trespassing and besides, their father would kill them if they weren't home by the allocated curfew. boys crossed the road and headed north towards the park.

The park looked like a park of course, but in one of the corners of the park was the start of a whole other network of transportation which only the rich could afford; the park became a secret network of tunnels that the boys could submerge themselves in which would take them to their home.

Justin ran quietly and trailed behind Flynn. He flicked his short and kept black hair as he trailed behind his older brother. He had a scrawny figure with eyes so dark you could insinuate that his irises were bleeding. The brothers looked nothing alike as Flynn ran quickly yet vehemently, which made anger surge within Justin because of his brother's incompetence to be quiet.

Flynn differed from his brother's physical appearance because of his long, ash-blond hair that tangled around itself. He had starkly blue eyes and subtle freckles on his cheeks and the bridge of his nose. He had the same physique as Justin which was the only distinguishable feature on the body that made them look like genuine brothers.

They both wore the same backpack, manufactured by Innersloth. It was a black backpack, with the Innersloth logo embroidered onto the back of it. Their father owned part of Innersloth, so when the company sold their first two SKELD ships, their father received 20% of the salary, making him and his family multi-millionaires.

At this time, Innersloth was only a small company, which was great news for them because they could continue to make their giant ships while remaining confidential at the same time. Because of the anonymity, no one would have known about them until 12 years later, which was a part of their master plan.

They arrived at the Lincoln Reservoir three blocks later and stopped near the giant statue of Abraham Lincoln, sitting in a chair, looking out at the reservoir, guarding it for an eternity. The boys panted loudly underneath the statue and Flynn quietly laughed in-between gasps for air.