Part eleven: Anonymous - The Finalist

New York University - New York City - 17th October 2820 - 11:24am

"Do not leave from this stool. I will be back as soon as possible. It is going to be okay!" That was the last thing I said to Axel before leaving to confront Toby and help Emily. I had an apprehensive feeling about leaving him in the stool all alone, however I needed to do this.

I ran back out into the chaos to see Toby punch Emily in the face and I watched him throw her into the wall. Our eyes locked and he looked at me maliciously. The seconds passed and I could hear a silent clock in my head, ticking down and with every second, my blood boiled more. I clenched my fists and shook my head to escape a daze. I looked up and screamed in the air and sprinted for Jack. I wasn't letting him get away with what he had just done to Emily and what he had done to Axel for the past three months.

I flew through the air and landed an elbow to his jaw but he didn't budge. I flew forward and he spun me around and pressed my back to the wall. He started to choke me but I kicked him in the side and his grip loosened enough for me to strike him in the face with my palm. He staggered back and I didn't show any remorse. I hit him again, this time in the stomach. Every hit I landed made me more angry at him. I became flushed and I attempted to kick in the stomach, however he caught my foot and elbowed me in there. I fell to the floor and Jack got on top of me. He thrashed me to the ground and elbowed me in the face. He threw a punch, but I blocked it and elbowed him in the thigh, stunning him enough so I could escape.

He attempted to throw another punch, however I dodged it and kicked him in the ribs again. He clutched it for dear life and I realised that I must've somewhat hurt him. Me slipping into my thought process of beating him costed me a good portion of my face as he landed two incredibly quick punches. I staggered back and tasted blood. I spat and ran at him again. He caught me in a choke hold again but I escaped and kicked him in the ribs again. He groaned in pain and I began throwing everything I had at him.

He caught another one of my attempted punches and hit me in the face which made me fall, however I grabbed onto him and he lost his balance. We both crashed onto the ground and he fell on top of me which knocked the wind out of my stomach. I fought through the pain and we wrestled on the ground. Eventually, I held the advantage and hit him hard in the jaw. His head twisted and I hit the same spot, over and over and over. I hit him so much that I lost count of how many times I hit him. He stopped moving however, and he started to gurgle blood. I threw him to his side so he wouldn't choke to death.

I staggered toward Emily in pain to make sure she was okay. I shook her awake and she moaned in a daze of pain and fatigue. I looked at her in sympathy as I felt blood trickle from my forehead and nose. I smiled at her and she smiled back. Her long, brown hair fell in my arms and she looked at me with red and fatigued eyes. She had fair skin and she seemed so peaceful. Suddenly, a S.W.A.T officer pulled me off Emily and she began to scream. I panicked and ran away. I ran to the bathroom and entered to check on Axel. What I saw made my heart skip a beat.

I ran to the venerable Axel that was crying on in the corner of the bathroom and he retreated.

"It's still in me!! Get away!!" He screamed.

He began to gasp for air. He suddenly screamed in pain and a blob of mush rolled itself into a nearby drain. I moved out of the way before it could get a grasp on me and I suddenly realised what had happened to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked, trying my best to be as caring as possible. "It was "The Imposter." Shit, it got you good."

"I- I just killed them." He stuttered, terrified of what he just saw.

"Both of you!" A voice boomed. We looked behind up to see a S.W.A.T. team that had trained their assault rifles onto us.

"Hands up!" We complied and the guards knocked me out and everything turned black.