Part One: Sgt Noodles - The Soldier

The outskirts of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - 28th June 2814:

What do you consider a war? Is it a friendly fight with your mate? Is it a battle within your mind and your thoughts conjure and percolate with one another until you spiral out of control? Or is it a global conflict that eviscerates half of humanity? Well, however you consider it, I guess we all have fought wars.

It's been two weeks. Two weeks of sleeping and living in uncomfortable, small, scorching tents and eating the most nutritious object known to mankind, beans; They tasted rotten, cold and their texture messed with my head. So much so it made me question why we had invaded Saudi Arabia in the first place. They didn't do anything wrong. And now we've trapped tens of millions of people inside a city with loved ones and children. We have put millions of lives at stake and ended hundreds of thousands because the government sees them as a threat, so they send the prodigies out to kill innocent civilians. World War III has taken more lives than both world wars combined and now it's been occurring for 10 years. The thought of the lives lost because of other peoples hatred made my heart stop.

I was surrounded by prodigies who I hated, but I wore a mask and surrounded myself with them, without expressing my opinions to them. If I did, they'd tell the generals, who'd tell the government, who'd either throw me in prison or kill me. I sighed as I ate my beans for the day and my "enemy," Sam sat next to me in his foldable chair. He had bright orange hair and pale skin. He had dark eyes, so dark you could insinuate that his irises were bleeding. Freckles and pimples dominated his face in search of victory. I wasn't in the mood to argue with him. He smiled at me and I smiled back flatly, even though I didn't want to smile. Today was the day we were going to invade Riyadh, and just like that, we'd once again slaughter millions of innocent lives.

"Nice day today isn't it?" Sam gleed with a cheesy smile on his face. He was always chippy. And it annoyed me. I was in no mood to be nice to him and I let him know.

"It's literally 46 degrees Celsius you twat!" I groaned. I threw the empty can of beans into the fire which curled into a ball and melted slowly. I looked at the can and it was as if the can was the souls and willpower of every civilian under siege. As I started to pack up my foldable chair, I craned my neck so I could the city; one of the giant skyscrapers had a giant hole in it and black clouds of smoke emitted into the sky, eclipsing the sun, making it glow a dim red. So many windows had shattered that I had assumed that the entire ground of the city was covered in broken glass. It could be bad for us, that is if the locals used the glass as weapons, the thought made my stomach churn.

"What's up your ass love?" Sam, being his annoying self again and is now really poking at the bear. I started to fume and I clenched my fists to stop my hands shaking. I couldn't continue watching these dumb-minded fuckers who kill innocent people on command. The realisation made tears swell in my eyes and I felt weak as anger and sadness swept over me like a tsunami. They don't see people for people, they only see enemies, allies and numbers.

"Shut up for once. Just shut up! I just don't care. Don't call me love! Just stay away from me please!" I ran off, tears in my eyes. I ran across a bunch of the American army's cronies who looked at me sternly as I ran past them and their tents. I didn't know where I was going, I just wanted to get out of there.

I ran towards an outlook and put my knees to my head and started to sob. My stomach knotted again and I started to hyperventilate.

I can't keep doing this.

I can't keep watching them die.

I have to say something.

It's all lies and I conform anyways,