24: Day 21

The bonfire was going well so far. With everyone else dancing and singing with each other, I sit by the table, and drink my apple juice in peace. Derek joins me, and instinctively grabs my apple juice.

"What's up with you?" I ask as he stands up and drinks it right in front of me.

"Peace offering?" He says instead.

"What are you talking about?"

He pointed at the water. I noticed someone seated by the shore, and by the look of it, it was Yvonne. I probably guessed Yvonne because her infamous headphones were on, and she seemed to be at peace alone.

"Peace offering." He said again, putting the glass down and filling up 2 extra glasses, "You know you have a day left, right?"

I gaped at him as he held the 2 glasses; I had lost the timeline as he literally ruined things for me a week back.

"It's our last night here, Cece. You might as well go for it tonight." He shrugged, holding the glasses easily, "I don't think you'd like to say it while everyone is in a plane and is literally rushing to get home. Do it tonight, and I'll let you go, no matter the outcome."

His words were sincere, which made me feel a little bad. Derek has since said he does have feelings for me, and I neglected them badly because of my feelings for Yvonne.

Nonetheless, Derek was and will always be my best friend, and best friends forgive each other no matter what. So, I stood up, and we stared each other down.

"Derek, listen, I'm-"

"Don't even say it, I'm sorry." He smiled at me, "Here," he gave me both glasses, "Maybe this can make the mood a little better when you do tell her that it was a complete misunderstanding."

"Thank you." I gave him a tiny grin, gripping the glasses a little harder.

"Don't mention it. And I know you didn't want anyone's help, but I helped you in this one cause you weren't going to win." He kissed my cheek, "By the way, I got Jess back so screw you."

I laughed and we parted ways.

As I began to walk across the beach, I noticed a couple of eyes turning to me, but decided to ignore it. My hands were getting shakier by the second as I got closer to Yvonne. When I finally reached her, I sat down besides her and stared at the ocean as well.

She didn't seem to acknowledge my presence, merely continuing her music session. I tapped her shoulder, and she looked at me. Pulling her headphones down, she spoke.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to have fun with the others." She muttered, pausing the music on her iPod.

"I came to talk to you."

"There's nothing to talk about, Cecelia. Just go." She looked back at the water, "We have nothing to talk about."

"I'm pretty sure we have a lot to talk about, Yvonne." I took in a deep breath, "I'll begin. I just wanted to apologise for the way that I acted earlier on...it was selfish of me and I didn't think you'd be impacted by my actions-"

"Of course I'd be affected by them, I care about you-"

"Yeah but do you care about me the way I care about you?" I interrupted her, not ready for the unbalanced argument,"Do you like me like I like you? No, I don't think so."

"Who said I don't?" She countered, a little huff before she spoke again, "Back to you assuming things again."

"You were getting cozy with Jameela." I stated.