17: Day 14

With the music blaring loudly at the bonfire once again, I watched on from the table, eating some quinoa. I genuinely wanted to go party with the others, but after noticing that Yvonne wasn't feeling it, I sat it out.

Yvonne was in front of me, reading a book with headphones on. She had plaited her hair into two separate braids, and looked peaceful.

I continued to admire her, and thought for a while. What if things didn't work out between us and we're better off as friends? What if she didn't want a relationship this year? What if-

"Cece?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and gave her a smile, "Yes?"

"You good? You were staring at me." She drawled out, "I noticed this a while ago."

"Right, sorry." I muttered, "I was just thinking."

"About?"

"A lot of things, you wouldn't understand." I quickly decided to change the subject, "You think Derek is gonna play Cupid again in the future?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, Derek was the main catalyst for Leon and Nate getting together, you think he'll do that to you or me?" I asked her, and she scoffed.

"Don't get me wrong, Derek's my friend, but I don't think I'd like him meddling in my life. I mean, what he did for Leon and Nate was cute, but for me! Forget it. I'm a go-getter, I rather get my crush on my own." She explained, my heart stopping, "I'd be ultra pissed if he actually gave me a stupid bet like that. It doesn't help anyone at all."

"It helped Leon-"

"That's because Leon wasn't as confident as he is now. I'm confident, I can go get what I want if I really want it at the moment." She stood up, closing the book, "See you upstairs."

I walked up the stairs with her, "Please elaborate further."

"I don't need someone ordering me to get with my crush in a time limit, and I don't think you deserve that either." She opened the door, "That's dumb, and in some ways a breach of trust."

She sat on her bed and I faced her, "But-"

"It wouldn't make sense if it was like that." She continued, "Why would you need a bet when you could confess on your own?"

I felt offended, "But some people are not as confident as me."

"Well I think some people need to grow a pair." She rolls her eyes, "This world needs go-getters, not 'sit around and wait for the next person to instruct me' type of people."

"Aren't you a strong feminist?"

"You got something right this evening." Shs smiles, "Are we done talking about useless things or.."

"Well, I think I'm gonna go down and talk to Jessica and Derek." I murmur, standing up, "I'll see you soon?"

"Of course, we sleep in the same room." She nods, "Just come back soon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spotting Jess was easy enough. She was dancing with Derek, who had his arm wrapped around her waist protectively. Her red hair was made into locks(probably by Jameela, she had mentioned she loved doing hair) and she looked so beautiful, her blue eyes landing on mine. She whispers to Derek, and he releases her, making eye contact with me, and leaving to talk to Leon.

Jess came up to me, "Hey Cece, I'm glad you could finally join, the party was getting a little boring."

"I'm not here to stay though." I told her, pulling her aside, "I just wanted to know how things are between you and Derek?"