Chapter 30- Worried

Start from the beginning

"Well if you don't get it finished you can always come back tomorrow." Ryan suggested.

I shrugged. "Yeah I'll how much I get done today." I gave him a light tipped smile before getting back to work. Picking up a cyan spray paint can.

****

Losing myself while spray paint is something I do often. I knew I had stayed a longer then I was suppose to but it wasn't like anyone was waiting for me when I get home. Well that's what I use to think before Harvey had told me the truth.

I took a step back looking at the piece infront of me. The time now showing midnight. Shit. I had stayed two hours longer then I was suppose to.

I threw all my cans into my bag and quickly zipping up. I just needed to show this to Ryan before leaving.

I didn't know where to find Ryan but I had bumped into one of his employees who said they would let him know I was looking for him.

"Kayla this is even better from when I first saw it." Ryan walked into the room. His eyes even wider then before. He took a step back to see it all.

On the wall was an outline of two people kissing. One was cyan and the other was a light yellow. Around both people was colourful lines that stretched along the wall and around the two peoples heads.

(A/N- This is how I imagine it

(A/N- This is how I imagine it. But the lines stretch along the wall)

"How much do you want?" Ryan reached his hand into the back of his pocket pulling out a wad of money.

"Ryan it's fine honestly. You gave me a canvas." I smiled. I didn't want his money. In anyways this was a less technical piece so it didn't really matter.

"Just here it's something small. I can't be leaving you unpaid." Ryan handed me three, hundred dollar notes.

"Ryan this is too much. You could even do this." I tried to hand I back to him.

"Kayla I can barely draw a stick man. Not to mention how much of a steady hand you have like that line there is nearly straight. Scratch that. It is straight." Ryan started to walk out of the room. I followed behind trying to give him back to money.

He walked me to the door I had came in. I looked down at my phone it was now going on quater past. I bit the inside of my cheek. I had no time to argue with this man.

"Ryan you won this time but next you won't. I just have to go home." I started to walk backwards out of the alleyway.

Ryan smirked. "Stay safe kid!" He shouted after me as I ran.

The cans in my bag clicked as I ran down the city road. Everyone staring at me as I ran. I could just feel the smile growing on my face. Even though I was running back home, a part of me felt free. I loved the adrenaline rush.