17

Yulbin's POV

A few days after, my family and Hwiyoung's went to the cemetery. Throughout the entire ride, we were all silent.

When we got there, all of us got off and we followed Hwiyoung's family. " Youngjin, dad, mom and Hwiyoung are here to see you. " I looked over at Hwiyoung who's trying hard to contain his tears.

I looked over at the picture of his sister and tears welled up in my eyes. " How are you there? Is everything okay? " His dad asked.

" Youngjin. " His mom burst into tears.

Donghyuck walked over to Hwiyoung, " I need some time. " Hwiyoung walked off and I decided to follow behind him.

He stood by the railing and he started bursting into tears. I know how much his sister mean to him. I couldn't do anything but to be there for him.

I walked over and stood next to him. " Yulbin, I feel like I've let my sister down. " He groaned while crying.

I let out a sigh as I looked over at him, " Trust me, she wouldn't blame you. " He shook his head as he bawled his eyes out.

" I know she wouldn't blame me and that's what made me feel worse. I blame myself for it. If only I noticed, if only I stopped her, she would've still been here. " He cried even harder.

Hwiyoung's POV

Flashbacks of what happened that period flashed in my head.

I was walking home from school when I saw Youngjin walking slowly back home. She didn't look like her usual happy self.

Youngjin and I are close but we weren't exactly that close to share our personal feelings with each other so I just walked slowly behind her.

When we got home, she went up to her room while I went up to mine. Definitely I felt like something was off about her but you know, teenager things so I just let her be.

When it was dinner time, she didn't come down for dinner so I went to her room. " Noona, come down for dinner. " The door opened and she went down the stairs.

She sat next to me as she took small bites of her food while looking half-alive. " Youngjin, are you okay? " She nodded as she stared into space while taking small bites.

After a few days, she remained the same. She didn't eat much, she didn't talk much and she didn't smile much. I thought maybe she got into a fight or something and knowing her, she wouldn't talk about it to me.

Since we were from the same high school, I overheard rumours. " Hwiyoung, did you know Joon lied to your sister saying that he love her but actually it was all a dare? " I furrowed my brows.

" I heard he even humiliated your sister in front of the entire class by doing shit like making her crawl on the floor while acting like a dog in order for him to stay with her. " He sighed.

" But he never did. " Anger grew in me.

I stormed over to wherever that Joon was. I saw him before once so I recognised his face. I slammed the door opened, " Where the hell is Joon? " I raised my voice.

Joon stood up, looking at me in shocked. I stormed towards him as I grabbed his collar, " What the heck did you do to my Noona? " He smirked as he pushed me away.

" So you're Kim Youngjin's brother? " He burst into laughter and everyone around him laughed too.

He raised his phone, showing video of my sister being humiliated in this very classroom. Anger rose in me and I punched him in the jaw before pushing him onto the ground.

All I could see was red.

I was pulled back to reality when I heard screams. One of the girl rushed in, " K-Kim Youngjin, s-she's- " I got up as I walked towards her.

" What about her? " She was shaking vigorously as everyone looked at her.

Before she could say a word, she burst into tears. Then, a group of police officers went by the classroom and that's when we all know what happened.

The things the students did thinking that it was all a joke turned out to be something that caused the life of a girl.

I burst into tears as I kneeled on the ground, slapping myself continuously. If only I tried talking to her or at least, be there for her, she wouldn't have done what she did.

All she needed at that time was company.

Yet as her brother who's living with her, went to the same school as her, I failed to do so.

Yulbin bend down next to me, " You did what you could've done. I'm sure she's happy that all of them got the punishment they deserve, especially that jerk. " I cried even harder.

" I should've punched him harder. " She chuckled.

" I'm sure Youngjin is proud of you regardless. Her once fragile brother is now someone who stands up against bullies and all. " She punched me in the arm.

I let out a sigh.

Just then, Yulbin phone rang. Upon answering, she eyed me, " Alright. I'll go over now. " She said before hanging up the call.

" I'm going to the police station. " I nodded.

We went over to tell our family about it and I decided to go with her in case some bring happen to her.

When we got there, she was assisted into the room while I stayed outside. That's when I decided to ask the police officers about Youngjin's case

" You know Joon? Ko Joon. " I said and he nodded.

I pursed my lips, " Do you know many years did he serve in prison and when will he be discharge? " He flipped through the files.

" Two and a half years. He's going to be discharge in a year time. " I thanked him before going to my seat and sat back down.

It's really funny how they bullied someone to death yet all they got were a few years in prison. It might seem reasonable for the bullies but it's not for the victim.

I remembered people saying that Youngjin is already dead, what's done is done so why can't they lighten Joon's jail time?

Haha.

My sister did nothing wrong yet she paid with her life. Joon did everything wrong yet he only served Two and a half years, and the maximum number of years is four.

I rolled my hand into a fist.

That's when I told myself. For the sake of my sister and victims like her, I'm going to change the law myself. Even if it's tough, I believe there will be someone who sees the light in what I'm doing and make Korea a better place.

Currently, bullies are ruling and on the winning side while victims are just there.

That's when I started searching up information about the university that offer such courses. A smirk crept up on my face.

Prosecutor Kim is coming your way.

5th April 2021