11

Yulbin's POV

" Thanks for today! " I smiled as Hyunsuk send me all the way to my house.

He shook his head, " I had lots of fun too. " He grinned as he ruffled my hair slightly.

" You should go in! It's a little chilly outside. " I nodded as I bid him goodbye before walking through the gates and closing it behind me.

When I walked into the house, I saw Hwiyoung sitting on the couch with Donghyuck. " What are you guys playing? " I asked.

" You wouldn't know even if we told you. " Donghyuck said without looking up from the screen and I scoffed.

I walked over to my room and I decided to hang the painting that I painted in my room. " Here! " I placed it above my bed.

Honestly, it doesn't look that good but art isn't about whether it's beautiful. It's all about the meaning behind the piece of art.

But mine doesn't have a meaning.

I decided to wash up so I took a fresh set of outfit into the bathroom and I took a quick bath before coming right out. " What are you doing here? " I saw Hwiyoung sitting on my chair.

" Just wanted to know what happened during that little date between you and Hyunsuk! " Hwiyoung grinned.

I scoffed, " It's not a date. "

" It is a date. " He said as I walked over to the bedside to blow dry my hair while he starts talking all about today and his trip back home alone.

When my hair is dry, I turned it off before playing the dryer at the side. " Anything special happened today? " He asked and I cleared my throat as I shook my head.

Hwiyoung smirked as he walked over to me. He nudged me, " There is! " I shook my head.

" Hey, I know you from birth. I know that you're lying even if you didn't do anything. " I ignored him as I walked out of my room and he followed behind.

" What happened? " He tugged my sleeve while going down the stairs.

He's like a parrot, constantly repeating What happened all the way down the stairs. Even when I went to the kitchen to get a drink, he followed me just to find out what happened today.

I went to the couch and he sat in between Donghyuck and I. " So what happened today? You got a cold drink here to calm your burning red cheeks down. " I rolled my eyes.

Donghyuck eyed me, " What happened today? "

" Yulbin went on a date! " Hwiyoung said and I kicked him using my leg.

" It's not a date! " He ignored me while Donghyuck looked at me in disgust.

He shook his head, " I thought you like Hendery, I guess I was wrong. " Hwiyoung looked over at him in shocked.

" Yulbin actually tells you things? " He gasped.

Donghyuck gasped, " So she actually like Hendery? " I nudged Hwiyoung and he quickly shut up but the damage is done.

If you guys didn't know this, let me share this fact with you.

Lee Donghyuck has the biggest reporter mouth ever. He loves to spread news around, he's like your daily annoying alarm clock when it's ringing or the noisy vacuum cleaning machine that you want to throw out.

He smirked, " No wonder you looked so unhappy when Hendery brought his girlfriend over. " I scoffed as I ignored him.

" But why did you go on a date even though you already like someone? " He asked.

I sighed, " It's not a date. Hwiyoung was supposed to be there but he left. "

Hwiyoung nodded, " They kept talking among themselves and I felt left out so I left since I'm left out anyways. " He shrugged.

The both of them looked at me, " So what happened? " They asked in unison and they giggled among themselves about how in sync they are.

I sighed, " Nothing much happened. We just painted and then we had a drink. "

" She's lying. I know it. " Hwiyoung said while eyeing me suspiciously.

Donghyuck nodded, " Yeah. Her eyes are darting around. " Hwiyoung nodded in agreement as they continued starting at me as if they are interrogating me.

I groaned as I turned my body to face them. " Fine so here's what happened. " I sighed as I told them what happened just now.

He was staring straight into my eyes and our faces were inches away.

" Yulbin, I- "

I gulped, " I need to pee. " I burst into laughter as I got out of his grip.

" Do you think the cafe owners would kick me out for going back to use their washroom? " I laughed while shaking my head.

I waited outside the cafe while he went into the washroom. " Thanks for waiting! " Hyunsuk said as he came out of the cafe.

We took the subway and there were lots of people around. We were walking out of the station when he pulled me towards him. " What's wr- " My eyes softened when I saw why he did what he did.

We met Hendery and Jooyeon, " Oh! Are the both of you? " Jooyeon smirked while shooting the both of us teasing gaze.

Hyunsuk smiled, " I don't think we need to explain anything to any of you. " Jooyeon's smile faded and I unconsciously looked over at Hendery who was staring at Hyunsuk.

" So Hendery likes Hyunsuk? " Donghyuck asked, cutting the flow of the story.

Hwiyoung smacked him, " Are you dumb? He probably just feel bad for Hyunsuk having to date this thing here. " He eyed me.

I rolled my eyes, " Let me finish my story! " They nodded as I continued.

" The both of you look good together! " Jooyeon said as she smiled brightly.

I smiled as I looked at them, " The both of you look good together too. " Hyunsuk looked over at me in shocked while I shot him a reassuring smile.

" Oh right! By the way, you and Youngkyun looked so adorable as a kid! I saw the picture in Hen- " Hendery suddenly grabbed her waist.

" We're going to be late for our date. Let's go. " He dragged her away and she turned around to wave at us before leaving.

They stared at me blankly, " So what are you saying? Your love rival called you cute? " Donghyuck asked. I furrowed my brows as I shook my head.

I nudged Hwiyoung, " Do you remember what picture Hendery kept in his room since he was a kid? " He thought for a bit.

His eyes lit up, " His first birthday? " I nodded.

" This shows that he still remembers us as his friends. " I said and he laughed.

" Dude, the three of us are neighbours. Of course he'll remember us but whether or not he sees us as friends still is a different story. " I pursed my lips.

Hwiyoung stood up, " Since you're done with your boring date story, I should take my leave now. " He bid us goodbye before going home.

I let out a sigh as my eyes wandered over to the photo that's hanging on the wall. It was a picture taken years back when all of us were a kid, it has all three of our families in it.

Sadly, we will never be like that again.

29th March 2021