9

Yulbin's POV

I pouted as I sat on the couch while I wait for my parents to come over to drag me into the car because of my unwillingness.

" Let's go. " My dad said as he walked out of the house while I sat there, motionless.

My mom came over to me, " Yulbin, let's go. " I pouted as I stood up unwillingly.

I got into the car and my dad began driving off towards the hospital. " I'm going to tell the police officers to reopen the case if possible. " My dad said.

I pursed my lips, " Dad, there's no point. There wasn't a CCTV around at that time and I couldn't remember anything about the car. "

He shook his head, " I'm not going to give up. "

When we got to the hospital, we got off the car and I hesitantly got dragged by my parents into the room where the doctor is seated at. " Very nice to see the three of you again. " He smiled as he stood up to greet us.

I bowed slightly before sitting down next to him.

" So Yulbin, did you experience anything? " I nodded as I tapped my head slightly.

I pursed my lips, " You can tell me anything."

I eyed my parents and I guess Doctor Kim knows that I'm not uncomfortable with them being here so he made them leave the room first.

When we're alone, I started opening up. " Every night I would get paranoid. I can't sleep well because every time I close my eyes, the scene of that day just repeats in my head and it's just- " I took a deep breath.

Doctor Kim gave me a glass of water and I chugged it down. My heart started to beat really quickly as the scene replayed in my head.

" You didn't tell your parents? " I pursed my lips.

" I told my dad yesterday. " He nodded before sending me off to do some scans just in case.

When I got back in, my parents were speaking to him. " You still haven't found the culprit? " Doctor Kim asked and my parents shook their head in disappointment.

My mom sighed, " We dropped this case because Yulbin wanted to. " I nodded.

" I don't see any reason to look for him. It's not like he can give me my healthy self back. " I looked over at them and I could see that the three of them felt bad towards me.

Just then, he got the result of the scan. Doctor Kim smiled slightly, " There's nothing wrong with her physically but definitely, she's experiencing PTSD. "

" Why didn't you tell us? " My mom asked.

I shot her a reassuring smile, " It's nothing. "

" Then how do you fall asleep? " I looked to the side, avoiding that question. No one except Hwiyoung knows that I rely on sleeping pill everyday.

Before they could ask anymore questions, I walked out of the room for some time alone.

Tears rolled down my eyes.

It's the right choice right?

Pretending as if I can't remember anything from that day.

Hendery's POV

I stormed down the stairs as I walked over to my dad who's casually reading his newspaper without any worry. " Yulbin went to the hospital today. " He placed the newspaper down as he looked up at me.

" Oh really? They didn't tell me anything. " He said.

I clenched my jaw, " Don't you feel remorseful? Even after so long, she's still having difficulty sleeping! " I screamed.

My dad looked at me, " What do you want me to do? Apologise to her and her family? I will be sending myself to jail. " He crossed his arms.

He stood up as he inched closer to me, " Do you think I don't feel frustrated? I wanted so badly to apologise to them and turn myself in but it's because of you. " He pushed me using his index finger.

" I was about to turn myself in when I found your diary laying around. You said your friend didn't have a his parents with him and you felt bad because you couldn't imagine life without your parents. " Tears welled up in my eyes as I pushed him away.

I took a deep breath, trying to hold back my tears before looking up at him. " That was before I found out that my father nearly killed someone. "

I grabbed him by his collar while glaring at him, " I'd rather have an honest father than a father that lied yet is still living a good life. " I shoved him away.

" Hendery you- " I stormed up to my room before he could say anything.

I laid on my bed as I closed my eyes.

No one knows how guilty I felt towards Yulbin after realising my father was the one that hurt her.

Tears rolled down my face as I recalled what happened that very day.

I was playing with my robot toy while sitting in the living room. " Go! Go! " I chuckled as I stood up, running in circles.

Boom!

The loud thunder sound startled me, that was when the main door opened. " Dad! " I rushed over to him to give him a hug.

I felt his body trembling profusely, " I-I-I- Yulbin. " I furrowed my brows as I backed off slightly.

He pushed passed me as he went up to his room. Being a curious soul, I followed behind him and I saw him watching a video on his computer.

I could hear cursing from the video, " Y-Yulbin. " My dad laid his head on the desk as he began crying while apologising to Yulbin continuously.

That was when my eyes wandered over to the computer screen and my eyes widened when I saw the gruesome scene.

It was Yulbin.

But Yulbin wasn't smiling or looking happy, it was her laying on the road with blood oozing out of her head.

My dad sat back up and I quickly hid in the corner as I watched him delete the clips from his computer before walking out of the room.

My entire body was trembling in fear.

It was at that moment, the main door opened again and I saw my mom bringing Yulbin's mother into the house. " Don't worry, Yulbin will be fine. " She comforted her.

Judging from that, she probably have no idea what my dad has done.

After so many years, the only people who knew about the truth is my dad and I.

I sat back up before walking over to the window where I could see Yulbin's house. I smiled slightly as tears rolled down my face.

That's the reason why I avoided everyone.

Because I felt guilty.

27th March 2021