Chapter 28

Now then, today is the picnic day. I did not have much problems with making the lunch because Dirk-sama always eats abnormally lots. I decided on the menu after asking Dan about Father's, Mother's, and Elder brother's preferences. It had quite a fun.

Mother's condition got considerably better so she decided to participate too. Arc and Martha are going along as guards too.

Leaving the town from the mansion, we embarked on the highway. We went by carriage as usual.

Stopping the carriage along the highway, a barrier was set up around it. The plan is to walk to the picnic place from here.

It was a small hill with a good view. A table with chairs and even parasol were set up... this is not the picnic I know of.

W, well, Mother's body is weak after all! I tried to make an excuse for myself.

Elder brother wanted to stroll around the nearby forest, so I tagged along with him. Arc is our guard.

Elder brother's eyes were sparkling from the different plants that grow around our mansion and he especially stored those with medical use to his magic engraved bag. Since even the parasol came out of it, I thought that it was a magic bag with obviously strange capacity.

「Ah, an Orc」

Instantly taking out the knife that was fastened to my leg, I drove it right in the Orc's .

「...... Whaaa!?」

It was Rosalia-san. I can't do stunts like these. Elder brother is shocked.

Pulling the knife out, I shook off the blood. It's scary how used you are to it, Rosalia-san.

「Rosalia was apparently taught many things by Manya」

Was this all taught in secret? I kept thinking.

「Got it. I will have silly Sis break... retrain her」

「You said break just now, didn't you!?」

「I have thought so before, but don't you treat Manya too horribly?」

「No, it's normal, right?」

I believe that their normal is abnormal in the first place. Arc has put away the defeated Orc in a magic bag. Eh, it's edible?

「It's commonly delicious. Just like pork」

「Eh!? You are going to eat it!?」

Elder brother backed away. I'm glad, Elder brother had no knowledge of eating Orcs. I was relieved from the bottom of my heart.

Then, thirty minutes later,

「Niisama」

「What」

「What should I say?」

「Yeah」

「This is not the picnic I had in mind」

「I think so too」

「No, this encounter rate is abnormal, alright!」

I didn't know. That forest was a danger zone. Seriously lots of monsters are coming at us.

「Anyhow, I will hold them back, so take Niisama and call for reinforcements!」

It would be impossible for me to do it while protecting Elder brother. I will be able to somehow manage alone. Furthermore, my mobility is extremely slow because of my short legs.

「I feel that I will definitely get killed by Neechan though!」

「Do you have any other way?」