Her eyes widen in shock, her heartbeat quicken it's pace and her legs can barely stand. Her mind suddenly stopped working as she felt she could not breath air. 

"Why are yo—"

A big warm hands wrapped her into a intense hug mixed with oozing emotions.

"I miss you. I really miss you..." Natsu whispered in desperation as he hugged her tightly like there's no tomorrow.

Lucy were frozen to her feet.

"I miss you Lucy, please don't runaway again. Stay with me."

Lucy couldn't decipher what she felt. Without her knowing, tears flow down her cheeks as if it conveys the feeling she can't loudly say.

Natsu touched Lucy's face gently as she continue to cry her heart out.

"Hush now. Don't cry, I don't want to see you crying like that." Natsu said with worry evident in his eyes and wiped away her tears.

"Nat-su... Natsu..." She said in between her cries.

Natsu kisses her forehead to calm her down.

Lucy feel so heavy and conflicted by her own feelings. She can't believe that after everything she did to die out her feelings and runaway from this man, he hugged her so tenderly with such worried expression as if telling her everything's okay. For a moment her greedy self wanted to be selfish again.

"Why are you like that... Why are you looking at me like that! You should be mad at me! Yell at me for leaving you behind. Curse me! Hate me. I don't care what you want to do with me. But please, don't look at me like that. Don't..." Lucy burst in fiery reverence as she try to calm down her conflicted heart.

Natsu didn't response yet but rather squeeze her hands and kissed it wholeheartedly and then, he collapsed his head on her shoulders in defeat.

"Why are you like that..." Lucy mumbled as a single drop of tear falls down.

"Lucy, I... I have a lot of things to ask you. A lot of things that I wanted you to know. But after seeing you after a very long time, my mind just went blank and all I want to do is to hug you and feel your warmth once again. You don't know how long I've waited for this day to come that I can finally see you again. So please, I'm begging you. Choose me this time." Natsu mumbled as he succumb on her shoulders and hug her gently.

Lucy's mouth left agape, lost of words and lost in emotion. After all this time, she moved all alone wanting to get rid of the past that always pulling her down. Little did she knows, the past made her find her own safe place.

Her hands moved on her own as she returned the hug and more years falls down.

At that moment, both of their hearts and soul bonded together as they meet what they've been waiting for the entire time.

Natsu broke the hug as he gently wiped away her tears and rested his forehead against hers.

"Now, can I assume that you've chosen me this time?"

Lucy chucked lightly.

"Don't laugh at me! I'm desperate, you know. I... I don't know what'll I do if you don't."

Lucy stare at him for a bit as doubt and desperation is evident on his face.

She then broke their distance and initiated a kiss...

Soft and gent yet with longing and passion kiss.

"... does that answers your weary?"

Natsu were left dumbfounded after.

"Can I have another one?"

Lucy blushed from embracement.

"How dare yo—"

Natsu once again pull her closer with him and snatched a kiss the same intensity as she did.

Lucy left defenseless.

"...That's enough for me, for now..." He whispered and smiled cheekily after.

Lucy turned ultimately red and smack Natsu hard in the head. And of course, he accepted it wholeheartedly.

"Idiot!"

"Hahahaha..."

Natsu then clasped his hands with her as he dragged her closer to Lucy's parents grave and bowed.

"I'll promise that I'll protect your daughter with me for as long as I can. You don't have to worry about her, I'll never leave her side. That I swear!"

Lucy were shocked on what he did but couldn't resist the happiness she felt inside.

"Are you ready to go home now my Queen?..." Natsu offered as he knelt down in one knee.

Lucy smiled gladly.

"Whenever you're ready my King..."

||• E N D •||

Thank you for all the
love & support!

Until our path crosses again.

Ja!