Dick Grayson x OC

For this story, I'm using a writing prompt I found on Pinterest. I really like this idea and I'm thinking about making it into a short book Comment if you think you might be interested. Follow me on Pinterest for more prompts and ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/banannaearl/_saved/

com/banannaearl/_saved/

Now, on with the show!

Dick's P.O.V

Patrol was quiet tonight. So quiet, in fact, that even the bad guys seemed bored. Two-Face kidnapped twins and held them hostage at Gotham Twin Bridges. Red Robin and Batgirl took him down, easy. Penguin was robbing jewelry shops with trained birds of prey. Batman and Robin followed the birds back to their nest, and they found their master. Simple. 

Tonight, Red Hood and I are scoping out possible locations of a meta-human fight club. These simple-minded losers were kidnapping meta-teens and forcing them to fight in hidden arenas all over the city. 

We've busted three duds tonight and Jason is starting to get frisky. For my sake, I hope this warehouse is the one. Red Hood and I drop in through an exposed window and are immediately surrounded by goons. 

"I guess we know this one is 'the one,'" Jason says. Even with a helmet on, I can tell he's smirking. He loads his pistols with rubber bullets and fires them with confident aim. Jason takes down three of the six goons with his guns before the others start firing theirs. 

Red Hood ducks around a hallway corner. I use my extreme flexibility and gymnastics to dodge most of the projectiles. I wack a little sucker with my batton. I'm almost to Red Hood when one of the goons gets lucky.

I feel a sharp, intense pain in my left leg. I fall to the floor and shout in pain. Red Hood goes into "momma bear mode" and sidesteps in front of me, firing multiple rounds at the rest to the goons. When all six are unconscious, Jason crouches down next to me. He pulls a short roll of gauze out of his jacket and wraps my leg.

"You are so dumb," Jason says sternly, "You should have followed my lead and taken cover. The bullet went in and out, so you can suck it up. Agent A will fix you up back at the cave."

I wince slightly as Red Hood finishes patching me up, "Thanks, Littlewing."

"You know I hate that name."

"Oh, I know."

We make our way through the rest of the hallway. My leg aches, but not too bad. I can handle the rest of the night like this. When we enter the main hall of the abandoned shopping center, Jason gasps at the insanely large arena where meta-teens fight. I silently walk beside my brother and stare in awe.

The hallways surrounding the arena had been knocked out, leaving space, in what I can assume used to be the food court, for a small stadium. Streaks of dried blood stain the floor and the walls of this makeshift, torture chamber.  

"This place scares me, Nightwing," Red Hood says in a hushed tone. "Everything about this is so... wrong." He brushes his hand on a patch of dried blood. Suddenly, the concrete beneath his hand sinks under the pressure. A small trap door, barely wide enough for one person at a time, opens up.