Beach Day

Hey all! Just an update on my life:

For the past two months, my family has been living on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. It's OK if you don't believe me because honestly it still feels like a dream. Unfortunately, our plane heads back to the mainland on the 31st of this month. 

SO... for the next 10 days. My stories are going to have something tropical in them. It could just be a pineapple in the kitchen, or the Wayne's taking a crime break in Hawaii. It all depends on how I'm rolling.

If this chapter gets 10 votes, I'll take a picture here to prove I'm actually in Hawaii right now. 

Anyway, on with the story...

The manor was quieter than usual

The manor was quieter than usual. There were no pleas for mercy, no lost limbs, and no air-borne knives. In fact, no one in the manor was doing anything in particular. Tim was catching up on homework. Damian was teasing Alfred the cat with a small ball of twine. The poor kitten was racing in small circles, determined to catch what was tantalizingly just out of reach. Dick was taking a cereal break in the kitchen and Jason was laying on the couch next to Tim, napping.

Bruce came back to the manor after an uneventful day at work, expecting to find his boys in their usual, rowdy state. Instead, he was surprised to find each of his sons engaging in silent activities. As much as Bruce liked quiet, he couldn't stand idle silence. 

"I'm home," Bruce called, stating the obvious. Perhaps his presence would stir things up. It usually did.

Bruce was wrong. Damian was now holding the dazed kitten, trying to keep it from vomiting on the carpet. Tim didn't even look up from his laptop, and Jason kept snoring away on the couch. When Bruce made his way to the kitchen, he found Alfred reprimanding Dick for eating six bowls of Froot Loops.

Bruce made his way to his room and went through his closet, looking for a change of clothes. Then it hit him. Bruce made his way to the kitchen and grabbed his supplies. He then rushed to the living room, arms filled with marshmallows, chocolate, graham crackers, beach towels, and a wireless speaker. 

Dick had now joined Damian in teasing Alfred the cat and Tim and Jason hadn't moved an inch. Bruce tossed the marshmallows to the couch. The sweets hit Jason, causing him to jump up so fast that he knocked Tim's laptop out of his hands. 

"WHaT iN ThE?" Jason said with a start. He glares at Bruce, "What was that for?"

"Family bonding," Bruce says with a proud smile. "We are going to have a bonfire at the beach."

Dick jumps up, and Alfred the cat scampers off. "S'mores!!" Dick says with glee. He pulls Damian to the car and Tim and Jason follow. 

The night air was filled with laughter, ghost stories, and s'mores. The boys took turns screaming to their favorite songs while the waves crashing on the sandy shore. Bruce smiles at each of his sons. His family was crazy and dysfunctional, but it was his own. As the sing-a-longs got more and more bizarre, Bruce thanked his lucky stars for his boys.

I hoped you liked the first story from my 10 last days in Hawaii. 

Remember, if this chapter gets ten votes, I'll post a picture to prove I'm in Hawaii.

Please comment and tell me what tropical story you want me to do tomorrow. (Word Count: 620)

Mahalo and aloha.

Stay whelmed and crash the mode.

-the4robins