Damian x Reader Pt2

Your P.O.V

I wake up the next morning to my dad knocking on my bedroom door. "Sweetie?" he asks, "Are you up?" 

I sit upon my covers and yawn. I try to rub the sleep out of my eyes, but I doubt I'm successful. "I'm up," I say with another yawn. 

Dad walks into my room carrying an armful of boxes. Each box is extremely colorful and posh. On the side of each box, I see a different designer brand. These boxes are probably worth more than our studio flat. A white envelope sits on top of the stack of boxes. Dad sits down dramatically on my bed and lays out all of the boxes. He plucks the envelope off of the top box. He opens it carefully and reads it over. He puts down the letter and looks at me playfully. 

"Y/n," he says, "Is this about that party Damian Wayne invited you to?" 

I blush, "What does the letter say, Dad?"

"What do you think it says?" Dad says with a smirk. 

"DAD!" I make a grab for the envelope, but he pushes me back into my bed and tickles my sides. I laugh and make a useless attempt to tickle him back. It's just been me and Dad for a while, but I love him so much. I wouldn't want it any other way. 

Dad gives up on the tickle fight and passes me the envelope. It reads:

Y/n, 

Thank you for agreeing to accompany me to the Charity Gala, tonight. I had Pennyworth send an assortment of dresses and accessories to your address. I had a few different choices sent over because I didn't know which you would prefer. The gala starts at 8, but  Pennyworth will pick you up at 7:30. Your father, of course, is also welcome to come. There is a fitted tuxedo in the blue box if he is free to come. Brown is sending her favorite hairdresser and makeup artist to your address at 6. 

I am again very grateful that you could come with me tonight. I anticipate your arrival.

Sincerely, Damian Wayne

I smile at Damian's perfect grammar and handwriting. His curt tone of voice transfers into the letter. I open one of the boxes and gasp. In the box is a beautiful, blue dress with ruffles and waves. Dad leaves my room so I can change. I twirl around in the fabric. Dad applauds and I smile.

I head back into my room and look at the next box

I head back into my room and look at the next box. It is a cute, red dress with a floral print base. I throw on the dress and strut across the hallway. Dad smiles as I strike a sassy pose. I waltz back into my room and approach the last dress box. I lift the top and look at the dress. 

The third dress is white and drapes over my shoulders loosely

The third dress is white and drapes over my shoulders loosely. I twirl for my dad and head back to my room. I review my options and look over all of the jewelry and shoes and decide my best outfit. 

I decide to go with the red dress, white heels, and small, diamond stud earrings

I decide to go with the red dress, white heels, and small, diamond stud earrings. Dad walks into my room in his fresh-pressed tuxedo. A gaggle of women with a lot of makeup and supplies, follow behind him. They rush in and examine me. They say a few things about color and foundation that I am completely oblivious to. 

After what feels like an eternity, I'm finally ready for the gala. My perfect hair and makeup match perfectly with my dress. Dad holds his arm out to me. I chuckle and take it. We walk down the steps of our studio flat. On the street in front of our house, sits a limousine. Damian stands awkwardly in his monkey suit. He tugs at his bowtie and wipes the sweat off of his neck. When he sees me, his face drops in the cutest way. 

Damian opens the car door and lets me and my dad in first. He follows us into the car and takes a seat across from us. "You both look great," Damian says nervously. 

"Thank you," I say, blushing, "It was nice of you to send clothes over." 

"You are very welcome," Damian says curtly. "I was grateful you accepted my invitation. These galas are always insufferable."

"I'm sure it won't be that bad," I say with a shrug. "I've never done this before."

We pull up to the front of the manor and Damian's brothers are waiting for us. Dad escorts me out of the car and we walk with Damian up to the boys. Dad is soon whisked away by Dick and Jason. They are taking him to go meet Bruce. Tim walks beside me and Damian as we make our way to the house. 

After a few minutes, the main ballroom of the manor starts to fill with people. Colorful dresses and tall, handsome men waltz around the ballroom. Tim shows me the best snacks and the best corners to hide from insufferable party guests. As the night goes on, I keep glancing at Damian. We talked about school and he tells some pretty good jokes.

Damian shifts on his feet and his face gets physically redder. "Um," he says, "Y/n, would you like to dance with me." He holds out his tan hand to me and I take it. 

"Sure, Damian," I say.

Damian leads me to the dance floor and wraps his arms around my waist. He leads me through the dance steps and we sway magically through the room. I look into Damian's sparkling, green eyes and I can feel my heart beating hard in my chest. 

Damian takes a deep breath as if he's psyching himself up for something. "Y/n," he says, nervously. "I- um- like you."

I smile and let him hold me in closer, "I like you, too, Damian." 

Before the moment can progress, there's an explosion. The blast from the explosion knocks Damian and me flat on the floor. I sit up shakily and I look over at Damian. A menacing man in a black mask is holding on to Damian with a gun to his head. The rest of the party guests are surrounded by what looks like henchmen. I feel a rough pair of hands grab me from behind. I try to kick and resist, but the man is stronger. 

I hear Damian yell, "Get your hands off of her, you bastard!" 

The man in the black mask, who I assume is Black Mask, hits Damian over the head. He slumps, unconscious. I scream, but the man behind me wraps a gag around my mouth. He presses a cloth over my mouth and nose. I look around, frantically for my dad or Damian, but the world starts to go fuzzy. I see Damian being dragged away by Black Mask before I blackout and slump in the rough man's arms. 

Sorry, I'm late, well this is super late. I promise I will set myself a schedule so that the updates can come in regularly. Stay whelmed and crash the mode. (Word Count: 1249)

-the4robins