vii. weekend writing session

THE LAST thing I expected to see when I walk out of the bathroom from brushing my teeth is a certain ghost snooping through my things. I place a hand on my chest after the scare of finding Luke in my room. And the noise of the door opening has him turning his head towards me with an innocent smile plastered on his face.

"Didn't I just see you yesterday?" I ask after recovering from the scare, still standing at the doorway of the bathroom.

"Yeah," Luke shrugs and takes a seat on my bed. Make yourself comfortable I guess.

"And yet I have no memory of inviting you here," I state, keeping my eyes trained on the boy.

Luke just shrugs once again. "Julie got tired of me, and Reggie and Alex are off doing their own things."

"Wow. So glad to hear I'm the fourth, or last, person you wanted to be with today." I tell him with mock excitement and he just rolls his eyes. "And it's only ten in the morning and you've already managed to annoy her?" Finally ditching my place at the door I head over to the chair at my desk.

The noise the chair makes when I take a seat on it makes me wince for a quick second. The chair may not be in the best shape, buts it's the most comfortable one my mother brings along when we move.

"Pretty much," he says and I roll my eyes, crossing one leg over the other.

"Is the 'pretty much' for the first or second part of what I said?" I ask, a small grin beginning to form on my lips.

"What if it was for both?"

"Then it would only be a few taps on my phone and I'll be finding a way on how to get rid of an annoying, anti-sleeve, ghost. And that-"

"It was the second part, Florence." Luke finally answers, cutting me off, his eyes widened in the slightest, putting more emphasis on his words.

Smiling at him, I begin to balance my elbows on my desk, placing my head in my hands, not so much annoyed by his presence anymore, but now finding amusement in what's happening.

"Thank you for answering my question, Luke." I tell him, adjusting myself in my chair for a moment. "Now, new question. Why are you here? I know that you annoyed Julie to the point she kicked you out, but I also know you wouldn't come over without something to do on your mind."

"Perks of being a ghost. I can go where ever I want, whenever I want." Luke states with a grin and I roll my eyes. Not the answer I was looking for.

But deciding to go off of what he's saying a teasing smile makes it way onto my lips. "Does not being able to touch and pick up most things also fall under that list of perks?" I tease, and Luke's smile starts to slip off, a huff of annoyance falling from his lips.

"That was an unneeded reminder of complicated ghost life. Thank you, Florence." Luke thanks sarcastically, going back to the exaggerated use of my name.

With a smug smile on my lips, I look up at the shaggy haired boy. "Anytime, Luke." I tell him, doing the same thing with his name, that smile not leaving my lips. And when Luke rolls his eyes-in what felt like a playful manner-that smile only seems to grow on my face. But clearing my throat after a few more moments I go back to what I asked. "But, please, give me an actual answer to the question."

That statement causes Luke to straighten up, his smile coming back as he reaches behind him and pulls out a worn out notebook. It only takes me one look at it and I'm already dropping my elbows from my desk and dropping my head onto it with a groan. Though I cut myself off with a sharp intake of breath once my head collides with my desk, forgetting I didn't put my arms there to keep myself from actually hitting my head on the table.