xix. unsaid emily

GETTING HIT with a jolt the first thing when I get out of bed is not how I planned to start my day. And this one being the worst I have ever received so far leaves me with a lightheaded feeling as I start to recover from it.

I had attempted to get some sleep last night, but every time I closed my eyes the anxiety of getting another jolt in my sleep had me up all night. It's very apparent in my appearance as I look in the mirror. Purple bags rest under my eyes, and I don't have the energy to go digging through all my things to try and find my concealer.

Speaking of last night I can also feel heat rushing up to my cheeks.

Luke kissed me and I kissed him back.

There is a lot of mixed emotions flowing through me as I think back to it. Sure, it might have been one of the best moments in my life so far. I mean, who wouldn't be excited and over the moon that they had just kissed their crush. But it also leaves me wanting to punch myself because I just made the whole letting-them-go thing a lot harder now. I know that they have to go and be safe from Caleb, and if that means having to cross over, then I'm willing to say goodbye.

So letting out a sigh I exit the bathroom, messily throw on an outfit, and pack all the needed things for school today.

The idea of skipping school was very appealing, but the thought of receiving a call from my mother had me getting ready for school. Not really in the mood to add to my list of awful things that have happened in my day so far.

Eating a quick breakfast, I exit the apartment, head down to the stairs, and start my walk to school.

I'm practically dragging my feet as I walk to school, and I knew that it was mostly on me for not at least attempting to close my eyes and letting my fear get the best of me. I just hope that there is a way to get rid of my stamp.

Walking into the building I can't even get close to where my locker is before I'm being pulled off to the side by my wrist.

Tripping over my feet a little from being pulled aside unexpectedly, I turn to my head and notice Flynn there with an excited look on her face as she pulls me off to the side of the hallway.

"What the-" I'm cut off by Flynn shushing me with an excited smile on her face. Giving her a confused look she rolls her eyes and points in front of her. And turning in the direction she was pointing in I see Nick talking to Julie with a bright smile on his face.

"This is the longest conversation I've seen them have together, besides dance class." Flynn informs me, and I nod along. I may not really be paying attention during dance to know how much they talk, but I know that I've rarely seen them talk outside of class. "And, if I'm being honest, this conversation is way too long for a simple, 'Hey! Great job last night.'"

I continue to nod along as I look back over to them, still somewhat confused. "So what do you think they're talking about then?" Looking back over to Flynn she shrugs slightly, still with an excited look on her face.

"Either I could be completely wrong and he's just spending a long time congratulating her on the performance last night, or he maybe-just maybe, hopefully asking her out." That causes me to turn back towards to Julie and Nick and watch their conversation once again.

They talk for a minute or two more before Nick waves and walks away. And once he walks away, Flynn is gripping my wrist once again and pulling me towards Julie.

"Well, that wasn't just a 'What's up?'" Flynn remarks, and Julie turns around with a sigh.

"Nick wanted to go on a date," my jaw drops, but a smile quickly starts to make its way onto my face, and Flynn lets out a large gasp.