iv. hallway meetups

JULIE LOOKS at me as if she's waiting for me to do something. Confusion takes over me for a second, but then realization hits me. The boys must have told her about meeting me.

The lighting guy walks onto stage wondering where the guys went, while out of the corner of my eye I can see the three ghosts at the side of the gym.

Just as Julie was about to try and say something to cover up the fact that the three teenage boys that were just on stage second ago aren't ghosts, one of the dancers in Carrie's girl group speaks up.

"Wait, were those holograms?" She asks, and I turn in her direction just in time to see Carrie turn towards her with an icy glare.

"Yes, yes they were holograms! "Julie rushes out, using the girls question as her cover up. "I plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show. I'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff," she smiles to everyone as she continues explaining how the three boys they saw on stage were "holograms."

The students seem to believe this, and they all begin to applaud for Julie once again. I watch her visibly relax when she notices that the people believe her.

Seconds later, Reggie hops on the stage and does some weird dance move. I don't even think you can call it a dance move though.

I throw a weird look his way and once he turns it takes a moment before he spots me and immediately starts waving at me like an excited child. When I look over to the other two ghosts they just shrug.

Once Reggie has hopped off stage I look over to Flynn and see her with the same sad expression on her face as she looks out to the stage, but she doesn't seem to have noticed the boy in the flannel hop up on stage.

Everything seems to click all at once when I look around the gym and see that everyone else seemed to not have noticed it as well. They're only visible when they play with Julie.

"Okay, people, shows over. Let's get back to class, please," The principal claps her hands as she starts ushering people out of the gym.

"I should probably go, and I assume you're going to wait for Julie. So it was nice meeting you Flynn," I tell her as I watch kids start to file out of the gym.

Flynn nods at me with a small smile, "Same to you." I return the smile as I climb down the bleachers and start to walk out of the gym.

As I walk out I see Carrie mocking the girl in purple for what she said, all while-without them knowing-Reggie attempting and failing to get her number. Does he not know he's a ghost?

I laugh a little at his attempts to get her number, keeping my head down though as I continue to walk out of the gym.

"Florence!" An overly excited voice shouts as I walk out the door. I tense up a little, but continue walking hoping they won't bother me. I know I did acknowledge them earlier, but that doesn't necessarily mean I want to have a conversation right now. Especially when it would look like I'm talking to nothing.

Once I notice the ghost band didn't follow me, I turn down multiple hallways trying to find my class. Though I wind up stopping at some empty hallway, needing to take a break from carrying around my horribly heavy backpack. Why did my locker have to not cooperate today?

I drop my backpack by the lockers and roll my shoulders. Attempting to relieve myself of the soreness that has began to develop, but I know it won't do much because I'll eventually have to put my backpack back on.

Though I can't seem to get a moment to myself because the next thing I know I hear shoes hitting the floor from behind me, and I don't even have to turn around to know who just appeared.