xiv. finally free

I HUM the tune of 'Finally Free' as I catch up on some of my homework. Julie and the guys had me stay over and practice with them for a good few hours, and now the sun has started to set.

Thankfully, there hasn't been anymore of those weird shocks in my body ever since I got home from school, but I don't want to jinx anything.

The band is supposed to play soon, and if I could get this homework done then I can go because I really don't need to be behind in my classes.

"When did we learn this?" I mumble as I tap my pencil repeatedly on the piece of paper in front of me as I try to think back to what the teacher taught us.

Though just as I drop my pencil and place my head in my hands, three ghosts decide to pop up into my apartment. I don't pay any mind to them as I try my best not to cry from the amount of homework I have right now.

"The one thing I like about being dead is that I don't have to do this anymore." I can hear Reggie say. Lifting my head out of my hands I look over and see three excited boys beside my bed.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask.

"Shouldn't you be getting dressed? I mean, Julie is already on her way." Luke says as he takes a seat on my bed.

"Well if you couldn't tell I'm kind of sunken in homework here." I reply as I look over at him and he shrugs.

"Just do it when you get home," he tries to persuade me. Looking away from him for a second I look up at Alex and Reggie and see them nodding their heads in agreement with Luke.

I sigh and look back down at the work in front of me. "I don't know . . . I'm already kind of behind in work and I can't keep procrastinating."

The boy in the muscle t-shirt sighs and takes a seat in front of me now. "Just procrastinate one more time, please?" Luke says with a small smile. I think about it for a moment as I play around with my pencil. I'm going to regret this later.

"Fine," I mumble and his small smile breaks out into his normal contagious one.

"Great! Meet us at the place we go on in twenty minutes." Luke explains before he and the other two ghosts teleport out of my room before I can ask anymore questions.

Once they're gone I push aside my homework and hop off of my bed. Then the moment I'm off my bed I hear my phone ding. When I pull it out I find a message from Julie displayed there, telling me to change into something other than the hoodie I have on. I roll my eyes at the text and send her a quick 'okay' in return before I follow what she said and head over to my closet.

After a minute or two of looking I find a pair of jeans that don't have any paint on them. Then I find a white cropped shirt hidden in the back of my closet and wanting something over it, I dig a little more through. My hands eventually find a fabric the feels like a flannel and when I pull it out I find it's one of my father's.

Not knowing how, or remembering this ever being in here. I just shrug it off and pull it completely out, and quickly change into the outfit.

I pull my hair out of the ponytail it was in while I was doing homework, and flatten out my hair as I walk in the bathroom to do a quick once-over of my outfit.

Feeling proud of how I look I quickly make my way to the door realizing that I only have ten minutes to get there. Thank you so much for the short notice boys.

I'm basically out of breath when I arrive at the place, and when I walk in I hear the same type of music that I had heard from the assembly.

"I see I got here a bit too early," I mumble as I make my way over to Julie and Flynn.