The dawning

When Kongpob started to come to, the first sensation he had was a feeling of great warmth. Well, he was a fire dragon, so it wasn't a new nor an unknown sensation. No, what was agitating him was the feeling of being imprisoned. Then, as he wearily opened his eyes, doubtful whether he was dead or alive, he was surprised to find out that what was trapping him was a soft blanket.

What the hell...?

The last thing he remembered was that he was fighting a particularly annoying multi-headed dragon. A damned multi-headed who was beating him, badly.

He, a Suthiluck, a fiery red fire dragon, had been practically defeated.

How embarrassing.

The next time they met, it would be a different story. He just needed to get better, and then he would take his revenge...

... if only he knew where he was.

A little annoyed by the tight grip, he tried to slip away. The little human would not give in, though, and even tightened his grip around him.

Kongpob snorted irritated but refrained from incinerating everything.

A little sore, he got out of bed and went to the mirror. In his human form it would have been easier to move, but he preferred to concentrate his energies on the mess on his chest and abdomen, the two worst wounds.

He stared calmly at his reflection before reaching for the bandages on his chest. Moving said bandages, he laid quietly gazing at himself for another five minutes before sighing.

His smallest form was already not exactly the one he's most proud of, and with all those bandages he looked even more pathetic.

Well, dragons shift's ability was sort of a long story, but the short of it was that they were able to shift in three different forms.

When a child was born of their kind, they were born dragon, and as they are taught what to expect and how to embrace the change. Remain in their dragon form until they went into puberty, at which time they would be able to shift. In fact, once they grew up they were able to change freely among their three forms: the dragon one, the human one and the reptilian one.

Just as there were different types of dragons, they were different in their smallest form too. Kongpob –the proud Suthiluck-, for example, was a cataphract cordilo–in the common jargon he was known as armadillo lizards or baby dragon-. Again, embarrassing.

Annoyed he tried to take those stupid bandages off and it was at that moment that he saw a magic seal on his shoulder.

Goddamn it, what the hell was that?

Even more annoyed, he tried to burn it, but he didn't have enough magic.

"You woke up!" A high-pitched voice that came from his prisoner's mouth trilled. Damn, it was annoying. Two small plump hands lifted him off the ground. "Oh, your bandages loosened. Wait, I help you fix them."

Being handled by that small version of a human, pissed him off even more.

How dared that shameless inferior being touch him?

He tried to breathe fire; he wouldn't have been able to incinerate him in his small form, but at least it would have been a start. But once again, he only managed to blow hot air.

"You have a cold?" The human in miniature asked him worriedly. He paused his messy work for a moment and put a finger on his forehead. Then he touched his own forehead and then again Kongpob's. "Um... you're a bit hot... maybe you have a fever... or maybe not." He bit his lower lip, and with one long suppressed sigh, he caressed his scaly head. "I'm sorry, I'm not really a healer." He pouted, but smiled for him and resumed his work. "You know, it was my mom who dressed your wounds -she's the best!-, but now she's not here. She's at work." He paused and caressed him again, then resumed talk. "But don't worry she showed me how to do it!"