Chapter 6

(A/N: Special thanks to Mystery187 and Kicker5649 for helping me with this chapter. If it weren't for them, this chapter would have taken longer to upload. Please go check them out, they're great people.)

[Thought]

-Y/N POV-

Darkness. There was nothing but darkness all around me. This was nothing knew, however, it felt different from the last times that I was surrounded by darkness. It felt like I was sinking into the darkness by an anchor that I couldn't see or feel and was starting to drown. My body was so cold and heavy, and I felt so tired and weak that I couldn't even move or speak.

Y/N: [What happened? Why can't I move?]

As I asked myself this, I remembered getting a call from Miss Pauling and getting engulfed by the explosion from my house. I was killed by stepping into a trap that Blue Team had most likely set. I chuckled to myself.

Y/N: [So this is what death feels like, huh? Interesting, it almost feels the same as going to sleep.]

I closed my eyes and smiled as I let the darkness consume me.

Y/N: [Finally... my suffering can end, and I can rest in peace.]

As I accepted my death and continued to let the darkness consume me, I felt my conscious start to fade and was ready to sleep for eternity.

...

???: Are you giving up?

A familiar deep gravelly voice asked. I slowly open my eyes to see Jack in front of me and looking down at me in disappointment.

Jack: Are you giving up?

He asked again with a bit anger in his voice. I closed my eyes and stayed silent, letting the darkness consume me.

Jack: So, you are giving up. After being killed by a trap that an amateur could make. Tell me, were all those years you struggled to stay alive and sane for nothing? Are you really going to roll over and give up so easily after everything that you have been through?

I cracked open my eyes and stared at him in silence.

Jack: You survived a murderer, grew up training with mercenaries, survived countless near-death experiences, became one of the best mercenaries around, and have been reunited with your sister who you thought was dead. Are you really going to give up? When she doesn't see you come back and hears about your death, she's going to cry. Are you going to make her cry?

Y/N: [... Marlene...]

My eyes were fully open, realizing that he was right.

Jack: Get up, Y/N! Get up!

Jack then disappeared like smoke being blown through the wind.

Y/N: [I can't give up... not now... not after being reunited with her... I cannot give up... I need to fight on and see her again...]

Suddenly it felt like a fire was lit inside of me. My body was starting to feel lighter and warmer, and I was feeling more energized. As I stood up, a small light shined in the distance. I clenched my fists in anger and walked towards it. The light started getting bigger and brighter with each step I took. I continued walking towards and suddenly my whole body was engulfed in the blinding light and I couldn't see anything and had to cover my eyes. My ears started ringing loudly then it went away and all I could hear was beep noise that would be heard from a heart monitor. I slowly opened my eyes and was greeted with a bright light that was hanging over me. I shield it with my right arm and notice I wasn't wearing my coat, or any of my clothes and I was lying naked on a medical table.