𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Jazmine

8 Months Later

Things are bad. Star hasn't came out of her coma, and Huey is depressed. I don't know what to do.

He barely come out of his room, he barely eats or drinks anything, and won't talk to no one.

Why did all this have to happen? Life was going perfectly. And then some shit like this happens. Tch. Typical.

I've been staying over the their house for a while. Of course, I'll go home every now and then. But for now, Huey needs me.

Riley has been keeping to himself lately. I wonder what's up with that. But anyways, yeah.

But the only times I get to see Huey come out of his room, his eyes look dead. Like he hasn't been sleeping. His face shows no emotion, so I never know what's going through his head.

It hurts. To see him like this.

I don't even bother trying to talk to him, cause he'll just look at me, and go back up to his room.

I really don't know what to do. I'm just hoping and praying, that Star will wake up. She has to. For Huey's sake.

Just then, Riley came downstairs and went into the kitchen. He looked like he was depressed to.

"Not you being depressed too. One is already enough you know"

"Fuck off"

He went back upstairs. Uh uh. I know Riley knows better than to do that shit with me. I will not tolerate his fucking disrespectfulness today.

I walked upstairs after him and went into his room.

"I said fuck off"

"First of all, bring your tone down with me. Second, I don't know who the fuck you think your talking to like that, but you better fix it real quick. Understand? Now what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Nothing"

"Don't lie to my face"

"I said nothing!"

"It's not nothing! Stop lying and tell me. I don't need to be dealing with 2 depressed teenagers. One is already enough"

"What the fuck? I'm not depressed!"

"Then why are you acting all moody huh?"

"Fine, I'll tell you. Iaccidentallygotagirlpregnant"

"What?"

"I accidentally got a girl pregnant"

My jaw dropped down in shock. Then anger rised.

"You did... WHAT?!"

"It wasn't on purpose!! It was a fucking accident!!"

"Do you know the kind of responsibilities and things your gonna have to sacrifice now?! What the fuck is wrong with you Riley?!"

No response.

I sighed a breath of annoyance.

"Oh my god... I can't even right now. I just-"

I was so over stressed, I just walked out of his room and back downstairs.

Great. So now I got one brother with a baby on the way, and one depressed brother with his girlfriend in the hospital.

Just then, I heard a thump come from Huey's room. Oh no.

I ran up there and busted in to see him passed on the floor with a pill bottle in his hand.

FUCK!

I ran back downstairs and grabbed my phone and dialed 911.

"911, how may I help you?"

"My friend just overdosed! He's not breathing!"

"Okay, Ma'am. Stay calm. What's your name and Address?"

"Jazmine Dubois! 1991 Bridge Street Dr"

"Okay. We are sending a ambulance your way now. Please sit tight"

"Please hurry"

*End call*

Oh god. Please. Hold on, Huey. Why did you have to do this?

A few tears streamed down my cheek.

A few minutes later, paramedics arrived. I let them in and brought them upstairs to where Huey was.

I let them do their things, while I just stood back silently and watched. I was honestly, at a loss for words.

They took him downstairs and into the back of the ambulance and invited me in. I told Riley to stay in the house, and we'll talk about this later.

---------------------------------------------------------

They set Huey up in a room and I sat right there beside him. I slightly laughed.

"This wasn't supposed to happen. None of this was. You and Star are supposed to be living your best lives together. You're supposed to be going on picnics, and watching movies, and going on dates, and thinking about your future together. But I guess plans change huh?"

I looked at him one more time and went up and went to see Star.

She was still the same way she last time. Lifeless. Motionless.

I sat down by her bed side and held her hands.

"Star, I know you're in there. If you can hear me, come back to me. Come back to us. We need you. So please"

No response.

More tears ran down my cheek. I rested my head on her hand.

"Ja...zmine?"

My head shot up so quickly, it hurt.

"Star?"

I broke down crying right then and there. I gave her the biggest hug.

I broke the hug and sat back down. I felt sad. I hate all the things I'm about to say to her.

"What's wrong?"

"Star, there's something I have to tell you..."

"Tell me"

"It's about Huey..."

"What happened? Where is he?"

"He's... here in the hospital... with you..."

"What?"

"He-he overdosed..."

She suddenly went dead silent I couldn't tell what she was thinking.

"He was depressed... because you we're in a coma... and it really hurt him, so that's when he did it..."

"T-this was all because... of me?"

"It was-"

"Don't you dare lie to me, Jazmine"

"I wasn't going to. I'mma sit outside, okay?"

"Okay"

I stepped out the room and sat outside. The tears came back, but they weren't tears of sadness, they were happy tears.

She finally woke up. After 8 months of pain and heartbreak. But now, we have to deal with Huey.

I don't think she's mentally ready for this yet. She literally just woke up. I hated dropping the bomb on her like that, but I had to.

I mean, she was gonna find out about this sooner or later. So basically, I was in the right.

Right?