➻ 2: school? no that's hell

──"noona, you're way more beautiful than my sleeping-ugly noona whom you're praising so much." jungwon reassured while patting jisoo's back as she walked between the two yang siblings. "your face is worthy of winning miss korea, so don't compare your angelic face to my noona's demonic one."

"jungwon, my dear brother, you talk too much." minsoo smiled menacingly while pinching him from behind jisoo; the girl looked between them in question. "can you not badmouth me as if I'm not even here?"

"someone has to rub the truth in your face. how sadly coincidental that the world chose me for it too. how tragic, noona." jungwon replied with an identical smile, pinching her hand which was pinching his back.

"pfft── you two are so cute when you're like this." jisoo smiled and hugged minsoo, patting her head as if she was a kid. "you're beautiful, minsoo."

"jeez, can you two not flirt in front of me as if I'm hallucination? my heart can't third-wheel this level of affection, I feel touch-starved, you know?" jungwon whined, eying the two girls weirdly.

"uh─ sorry." jisoo muttered and stepped aside, pushing minsoo slightly forward toward jungwon. "go ahead minsoo, I think he's apologetic and wants to make up for his harsh words with a loving hug!"

"eH?!" the two siblings simultaneously screeched, both knowing that they'd never apologize for any vulgar words they spit for each other but the girl was smiling at them, completely unaware of the gloomy surrounding, waiting for a wholesome moment. minsoo smirked as an evil idea struck her mind, she stood as if she was about to head to war, strengthening her will-power and extending her arms towards her brother. "com'ere little brother, wonnie, let your noona give you a big hug and a little kith!"

"eww! Wtf! I─ I'm outta here! SAVE ME! SOMEBODY?!" jungwon yelled and ran into the school while impersonating the naruto run. everyone looked at him as if he was bat-shit crazy which made minsoo cover her face in embarrassment and pretend she doesn't know him.

minsoo grabbed jisoo's hand and the two broke into a run when they saw a middle-schooler pointing at them and uttering some words to their teacher. their heart almost popped out of their chests when the teacher started to take angry steps toward them. last straw and they ran. they might've thought that the two were kidnappers or bullies.

just round the corner and down the down sloped road was their school. slowly walking with a comfortable silence between them, they almost reached their destination. "we could've landed in trouble back there. jungwon─ that lil shit is going to get a good beating, just let us off school today."

"hah? I thought what jungwon did back there was kind of cute." jisoo muttered with a smile while looking up at the sky; minsoo looked at the girl in utter disbelief, her eyes almost popping out of the sockets. "he makes me want to have a younger sibling too."

"oh trust me you don't want to."
minsoo replied with a tired sight and jisoo looked at her in question. "well, being an elder sibling is kind of hard and a very responsible position to have. you have to be responsible for everything they do or don't do. you have to look out for them, look after them all the time. and the fact that jungwon is ungrateful as hell makes me want to punch him in the face!"

"oh? I didn't know it was that hard on your side──" jisoo was however cut off when minsoo continued.

"but, when we both were younger, he used to be so cute and cuddly. he would always pat my head when I cried. it made all my worries go away. how much I miss the old jungwon."
she smiled to herself. jisoo looked at the girl intensely. "but now, he's just an asshole. always annoying me with his nonsensical words, always──"

"pfft──HAHAHAHA" jisoo started to laugh uncontrollably, stopping on the school ground, thankfully there were fewer people around who were minding their own business, or else the two would've been considered freaks. "your relationship is just too wholesome."