➻ 13: f@mily bond

awkward. that's how minsoo was feeling while sitting with the people she, just yesterday, got to know that are now her familia, at least that's what they say. watching as shinhye and dahwi didn't refrain from acting like a couple in front of them just confirmed namjoon's statement about her. minsoo couldn't define the feeling that was forming in her stomach, it was like a void. empty and endless. although some of these brothers were nice and promised to protect her and her brother but their position in the house is threatened all the time, it can be said that these protectors need protection more than the park siblings do.

minsoo yawned and rubbed her eyes. noone lived to tell the tale how she managed to get out of the bed and get ready for school this early. ever since she transferred to seoul, she had somehow formed this weird habit of always entering the school just before the gate closed, a typical jisoo and joohyuk influence. but there she sat, ready to go to school when there's more than a hour before it starts.

why, you ask? because dahwi assembled them, saying how it should be a great memory to be remembered as it was their first dinner together as a family. it was all bullshit if you ask the sleep deprived children. yesterday was just too much to take in for both the park and the jeon siblings. but now they sat together to have breakfast as if nothing happened.

some were shooting glares at minsoo. why? because she was the last one to come down, which eventually delayed the breakfast as dahwi won't let anyone touch their food unless she would be there. all minsoo could do was smile apologetically while fighting to keep her eyes open.

when minsoo came down she saw jungwon happily chatting with yoongi, hoseok, namjoon and jungkook while glaring at seokjin, taehyung and well- jimin. he was making his favoritism too obvious.

"good morning my dear daughter. did you sleep well? was your room to your liking? i and your mom worked hard to arrange it for you. jungwon liked his, i'm glad." dahwi spoke, breaking the silence and stopping the glaring war that was currently going on among the kids.

minsoo looked beside her at jungwon but he just shrugged. she sighed and smiled "i slept well and same. my room is beautiful. i respect the time you put in (ordering the servants around) to arrange my room but i prefer arranging my room according to my mood. but then again, i like how the room was so carefully arranged."

there was silence for a few seconds before shinhye laughed loudly while hitting dahwi's shoulder. dahwi sighed before he took out his car keys and passed it to shinhye. everyone blinked twice to make out what just happened. "told you she won't give in to your flattery."

"jeez, shut up, you're so annoying." he rolled his eyes playfully before turning to minsoo who looked as if she has been successfully traumatized for life. "but, minsoo my dear, shouldn't you be calling me 'dad' like your brothers do? you too jungwon?"

"nah, i'll pass." jungwon replied simply. minsoo mentally facepalmed at how jungwon has absolute no survival instinct. the way dahwi's smile twitched it showed how he was holding himself back.

"why is he being so abnormally sweet to me?" minsoo whispered to jungkook who sat right beside her.

jungkook looked around before whispering back. "because he knows you're an idiot and easy to give in to lip service while jungwon just wouldn't break his character for such cheap words worth absolutely nothing."

"you-"

"don't make things hard for my precious minsoo and dumbass jungwon. you need to earn their trust and love for being called dad and let me tell you, jungwon isn't the type to give in easily." shinhye smiled as she ruffled dahwi's hair who pretended to scoff but had a pleasant smile on his face.