➻ 7: k!dn@pped?

almost three weeks passed since the park siblings shifted to Seoul. shinhye had been busier than ever, they hardly saw her in the past three weeks but they respected her passion and dedication to her career so they didn't question much. the siblings made two great friends, joohyuk and jisoo. the four became really close in these weeks. they would hang out every evening after school, have sleepovers at jisoo's house so that the siblings won't feel lonely without shinhye around for the time being and mess around with everyone in the neighborhood.

they'd ring the doorbell of the houses and run away, joohyuk being ignorant of what happened would always run later than the three and always got scolded because of being the first one to get caught. joohyuk lived a bit far from the three. he always came on his bicycle and jungwon would sit behind him as the two sped up and down the road. minsoo tried to teach jisoo how to cook and almost ended up forgetting how to cook.

joohyuk gave up and raised a white flag whenever jisoo mentioned cooking. now traumatized, the siblings would try to avoid any topic related to cooking which would make jisoo cook. but yesterday, they couldn't avoid it and jisoo invented a new dish. she made a paste of chocolate, water and sugar. dipped tangerine in it and let it freeze for like two hours. after that she gave the three the new dish to taste.

the chocolate was too sweet and the tangerine was too sour. the contrast made the two lose their sense of taste for a fraction of seconds but they had to fake it till they make it and give a thumbs up to it or they'd be found in the graveyard the next second. minsoo and joohyuk however raised white flags after just one but jungwon stepped up to be the saviour and ate the rest so that the two would be saved and jisoo's feelings won't get hurt. and he ended up falling sick and had to take a day off today.

"MINSOO! COME ON! RUN FASTER GIRL! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE AT THIS POINT! THEN WE'LL GET DETENTION AND THE DETENTION LADY IS WORSE THAN DOLORES UMBRIDGE, I SWEAR TO GOD! HURRY UP!" Jisoo yelled as she ran farther ahead of the girl. "YOU'RE NEVER LATE THEN WHAT HAPPENED TODAY?! NOT 2 OR 5 MINUTES BUT A WHOLE 15 MINUTES LATE!"

"I was taking care of jungwon the whole night! He was burning with fever! I couldn't get any sleep because of it!" minsoo yelled back as she stopped in the middle of the road, placing her hands on her knees to catch her breath. "Jisoo, please slow down a b──"

jisoo was nowhere to be seen. she ran too quickly to take notice of minsoo stopping. she really is scared of the detention lady. minsoo shook her head and started running again. as she turned around the corner she accidentally twisted her ankle and fell on her knees. the watch she was wearing broke and the glass dug into her skin, she even scrapped her knees.

she hissed in pain and pulled the piece of glass out of her wrist, squirming in pain afterwards, her vision getting blurry due to tears and her senses getting nunb for a second. that's when she heard a loud horn going off. as she looked up she saw a car a few meters away from her. it was logically and physically impossible for her to dodge it so she just closed her eyes on instincts and waited for the impact.

she opened her eyes when she didn't feel anything and there was no car in front of her but rather she heard a loud crashing sound behind her. she whipped her head in the direction of the noise to see that the car has crashed into the nearby pole at the end of the road. she was flabbergasted, she didn't know what to do so she shakily stood up and stepped forward to check on the passangers of the car.

but as she was moving forward she felt something circle her shoulder and something sliding behind her knees. it was a matter of seconds before she was pulled off the ground.

"WHAT THE──" she was about to yell but when she came across a familiar face she immediately hushed herself. "Joohyuk? What are you doing? Put me down! where are you taking me? We need to check on the people in the car!"