[chapter thirty - bellamy]

I wake up confused, momentarily forgetting where I am and what happened yesterday. 

Then I see Clarke, laying beside me. She's so peaceful, content. She's still sleeping, probably waiting for me to wake her up for school. 

I glance at my alarm clock - we only have an hour before we have to be there. I forgot to set my alarm yesterday, explaining why I wasn't awake in time to go for a run. 

I should wake her up. 

But she looks so happy. 

I don't know what was running through my head yesterday, what could have enticed me to let her stay. 

Maybe what Octavia said got into my head. 

There's no way I have feelings for Clarke. I don't like people. That's not going to happen. 

Clarke's laying on my arm, trapping me. Her hair has fallen in front of her face, and the blanket I gave her is tangled in her arms. She looks like a mess. 

A beautiful mess. 

Stop it. 

"Clarke?" I ask. She doesn't reply. "Clarke, you have to get up."

Still, I get no answer. 

I brush her hair out of her face to make sure she isn't faking it. Her eyes are closed. 

"Clarke," I whisper, shaking her gently. "Princess? C'mon, we have to get ready for school."

She groans slightly, rolling out of my grasp. I stifle a laugh. "Clarke, I'll drag you out of here if I have to."

"Then drag me," she grumbles, grabbing my pillow and placing it over her head. 

"You want to go to school like that?" I ask. 

"Who cares? You've already seen me."

"I'm not the only person at school," I remind her, sitting up. "You have to talk to Raven, remember?"

"She's already mad at me, she can wait one more day," Clarke says. 

I sigh. "Okay, how about this. Do you really want Octavia to find you in my room?"

She groans again, slowly taking the pillow off her head. 

"Fine," she agrees. "But you're making pancakes."

"Why don't you make pancakes?" I ask. 

"Because me being tired plus hot things equals fire," Clarke says, opening her eyes. 

"There are so many jokes I could make right now," I tease, sliding out of bed. I grab her arms and pull her up, earning me a glare. "You'll be fine once you get moving."

"I can move while lying down," she suggests, trying to pull away. I don't let her, instead pulling her to her feet. She stumbles forwards, and I catch her. "On second thought, you can just carry me."

My heart is pounding, and I'm not okay with it.

"Forget it," I say, pushing her back onto the bed. I turn around and pull open my dresser drawer, looking for something to wear. 

"So I can keep sleeping?" she asks. 

"Go ahead," I reply, grabbing a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. 

"You're seriously not gonna stop me?"

"Do you want me to stop you?" I ask, taking off my shirt. 

"Sort of," she mumbles. "I'm not gonna be able to get up."

"You went to bed early, why are you so tired?" I ask, pulling my new shirt over my head.