Ff #4 | Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

She giggled smiling at him. "You better watch out, You better not cry, You better not pout, I'm telling you why.." she sang.

"Santa Claus is comin' to town." He joined her at that. Their eyes met and they both broke into laughter.

"I missed you, Gauri. I still ...miss you!" He confessed his face muscles drooping as the north from his face faded.

"Om, please don't do this." She looked away as her heart twisted.

"Say my name again." He whispered his hand reaching out to hold hers.

Gauri stared at his hand that was over hers. "Om, please let's just not talk about it. It's Christmas let's just be happy and enjoy, then go our way." She pushed her plate of fries towards him and got up. "They are all yours. Merry Christmas." She smiled walking past him. He held her wrist and she closed her eyes. He had to make it hard.

"Gauri, it's been three years. Stop this." He spoke tugging at her hand to pull her back. She refused to look at him. His gaze held the power to melt her heart. She was dead inside without him. She missed him so much. She didn't want to give in and complicate everything.

"Please stop it." She spoke glancing at him trying to get rid of his hold.

"I won't. Don't you miss me? Have you really moved on in life?" He asked staring at her.

Gauri pressed her lips and nodded in a no. "Leave my hand."

"If you can be stubborn, I can be too. I am not letting you leave. I refuse to be without you. I don't want all of those fries Gauri . I want to share them with you. The same thing for life." He spoke pulling her closer. His hand left her hand. His arms snaked around her and he hugged her. He was still sitting, his face against her abdomen. Gauri gazed up at the sky, biting her lower lip. She blinked furiously not wanting to cry. He was making everything hard.

She placed her hands on his shoulders. Gently she pushed him away, it was as though she was stabbing her own self. "I have moved on. It's best if you too. Nothing can change my mind, Om. Nothing."

He stared at her crestfallen. How could she be so indifferent to his feelings? Why did she feel like the winters? He hated winters. He didn't want to hate her too. "Stop it Gauri. You're being.."

"You're the one who needs to stop this. You're the one who is still stuck in the past Om. Be mature about this and let things go. I hope your family is doing well. Merry Christmas to you all." Saying that she walked away without waiting for him to respond. Tears rolled down her cheeks. He spoilt her Christmas. He knew how much she loved Christmas spirit. He spoiled it all. She wiped her tears. Maybe it was Santa's fault. She didn't want him. But perhaps, Santa knew when she was lying and when she was not!

That night Omkara sat in his warm room, with photographs scattered all over the bed he picked up one. It was picture of Gauri and Priyanka, his sister. He smiled, as flashes from the memory filled his mind.

"Bhaiya, please just a few pictures? Me and Gauri have our farewell party today." Priyanka pleaded him, Omkara sighed leaving his laptop and walked out to be their photographer.

His eyes tilted when they landed on Gauri. Dressed in a yellow gown she looked breathtaking beautiful. Gauri's eyes met his and she smiled, tucking her hair behind. Priyanka stood beside Gauri.

"Smile ladies!" Omkara  grinned as he took a picture. His eyes fixed on the lady in yellow. After a series of shots his sister was finally convinced. 

Gauri had dressed up as Aurora while his sister had dressed as Cinderella.

"Do you want me to drop you two?" Omkara asked his sister crousching down and straightening her gown that had fluffed up owing to her moving back and forth. Priyanka smiled, "No bhaiya. Thank you so much."

"Have a nice day. Take care. Call me if you need anything." Omkara spoke and then placed a kiss on his sister's forehead. 

"Yes Bhaiya." Priyanka spoke as she proceeded towards the door.

"Have a nice day Gauri." He spoke softly glancing at Gauri. She smiled as her cheeks flushed. "Thanks!" She muttered carefully walking out following Priyanka's trail.

 "Gauri..." she turned slightly looking at him.

 "You look beautiful." The crimson color flush on her cheeks deepened and she nodded moving out.

" The crimson color flush on her cheeks deepened and she nodded moving out

This is Rikara version of Be My Forever. [ If I find time, will tweak some scenes ;) ]

Hope you enjoyed this!

-Anami!♡