8 | Colours

NYX STARED AT Loki; her face unreadable as she processed what he had just said

                       NYX STARED AT Loki; her face unreadable as she processed what he had just said. Nyx had already forgotten what colour she had just said and was finding it hard to stay planted at the forefront of her mind. Her conscious mind kept feeling as if it were being pulled away and transported to another place, far from where she was. Struggling to stay focused, her mind screamed at her to answer Loki and to come back. It was hard and she felt as if her eyes were closed, not being able to see or hear anything. Finally zoning back in, Nyx realised she was no longer looking at Loki but at a space on the floor in front of her with her eyes wide open.

'You're not messing with me, right?' Nyx asked cautiously, eyeing the God in distrust from her place on the floor. Loki, still standing at the forcefield rolled his eyes at the white-haired woman when her eyebrow raised at him. Hiding his concern was difficult, especially after she went silent for 5 minutes.

Loki let out a breathy laugh, 'You're asking the God of Mischief and Lies if they're messing with you?' he retorted in disbelief, shaking his head at the girl. Nyx let out an indignant huff, reaching under her cloak and pulling out her journal and flicking through it, smiling at she reached the page she was searching for.

Nyx let out a 'hah!' as she hurriedly read the book, looking back up at him with a smug smile, ignoring his rhetorical question. She found a reality with a similar colour system to this one. She was able to compare what Loki had told her about green, yellow, and black to her notes and felt proud that she would be able to have an easier time placing the names to colours for this reality.

'That means this reality is practically identical to Reality-1218, except this time all their myths and fictions exist.' she told him with a cheeky grin, opening another page titled 'Reality-199999' and scribbling words down.

Although Loki was curious about the content, he would never admit to feeling so. It was a strange thing to be stubborn about, but then again Loki was a complex man, many of his own actions being strange. The God eyed the book in curiosity, quickly looking away and pretending to observe the cell and even going the extra mile to make a comment about the sturdiness of its make when Nyx would catch his eye. Nyx just smiled to herself, giving him another quick glance before decided to grace him with a response to his unasked question.

'I write everything I find out about a reality in this book.' she tells him, hiding her hands underneath her cloak. Her hands were shaking and for some reason, she didn't want her him to see her like this. Not like this.

Loki scoffed at her, crossing his arms, 'you're telling me that information requires me to care,' he spoke stubbornly, 'which, I- I don't care, clearly,'

Loki was internally cursing himself for his stutter. So much for his silver tongue - failing when he gets called out by this 'random' girl, it seems. Nyx didn't seem bothered by his stutter or mean words, barely even looking up from her book.