Chapter 11

I woke up, just to recall my dream. I can't believe I did that. I have to talk to him.

"Hey sis you ready to leave." Evan came in and asked.

"Uh yeah as soon as I get dressed." I said

"Ok, I'll be outside." He said

I got off the bed and walked over to the chair to get my clothes. I picked up my jeans and a note fell out. I picked up the note and opened it. There was a beautiful picture drawn of a rose, at the bottom it said "I still love you- Raul." I can't believe it, maybe he saw through my bullshit.

I got dressed quickly. I almost left the room, but I remembered the note. I didn't want to leave it, I shoved it in my front pocket.

"Ok, I'm ready" I said, with a smile.

"So do you wanna go home or do you want some food?" Evan asked

"Um...FOOD!" I yelled, laughing.

"Ok, you got it little sis." Evan said with a smile.

We got to the car, and I had a little problem. Since I was beaten, my ribs are bandaged. They are so sore, it hurts to bend.

"Do you need help?" Evan asked.

"Um..no I'll be fine, I got my shoes by myself. I can get in a car by myself." I said, I don't like feeling weak.

Oh HOLY CRAP! Geesh I wish I was a guy so I could beat the shit out of Ryan. My freaking ribs feel like they are breaking all over again.

Oh thank god! I finally got in the damn car. I pulled my seatbelt ever so carefully over me and buckle it in.

"You ok?" Evan asked, I'm assuming he saw my facial expressions.

"Oh Yeah!" I said sarcastically.

"What do you want to eat?" Evan asked.

 "Um...Applebee's" I said.

"Ok." Evan responded.

For some reason the ride was very awkard. It was just complete silence.

"What's wrong" I finally asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked

"I mean why is this freaking ride so damn quiet and wierd!" I yelled

Quiet again. At least we were at the restaurant now.

He parked the car and I got out slamming the door. We walked in the restaurant and immediately got a booth.

I was so angry. I know he is keeping something from me.

"What would you like today" the waiter asked.

"Um... A dr. pepper and a burger." I said sharply.

"I'll have the same" My brother said.

"Ok I'll be back soon with your drinks."

"So tell me what you are holding back from me." I said.

"Nothing." He said, looking at his phone.

"Oh you are I know it." I said.

He just looked at me smiling. I wanted to slap that smile off his face.

"Here you go." The waiter said, giving us our food and drinks.

"Thank you" I said.

 I immediately began chowing down on my food. I was too hungry to worry about him. This was so good!

"Hi Teresa." I heard a deep voice.

I froze, holy crap. I know that is not him.

I looked up and my eyes widened.

"Um...Hi" I said.

"Hahahahahaha" Evan bursted out.

I looked at him and he was pointing at my face. Oh Great! I probably have sauce on my face. I grabbed my napkin and quickly wiped my face.

"Shut up, douchebag." I told him.

"Can we go talk out side?" Raul asked me.

"Sure." I said.

We walked out side and sat on one of those benches outside.

"So." I said, feeling really uncomfortable.

"Did you get my note?" He asked.

"Yes, I did" I said

"What did you think?" He asked.

Holy shit! What the hell do I say? One wrong word and I could lose him forever. This total bullshit. I'm going to go insane. I just have to tell him the truth.

"I thought it was sweet." I told him with a smile.

"Thank you." He said

"But can I be honest?" I asked

"Sure." He said

"It was a bit corny drawing the rose." I told him

"You think so. I never heard a girl tell me that didn't like the rose." He said with a smirk

"Oh. So I'm not special enough to have my own corny drawing? How many others have drawn a rose for?" I asked, crossing my arms the best I could.

He looked down and started counting on his fingers. I feel a little cheated. I thought it was sweet but just corny and now there were others who loved this crap.

"Ok, I'm gonna go finish eating and you can go back to the other girls who'd love another corny drawing." I told him, while getting up to leave

"Wait! I was just playing. I know it was corny but you still liked it." He said smiling, even throwing in a wink.

I walked over to him and punched him in the arm.

"You still got a hell of a right hook." He said smirking.

"See you later Raul." I said rolling my eyes.

"What? That's it. You aren't gonna invite me for lunch" He asked.

"Fine. Would you like to join me and my brother for lunch?" I asked

"I would love to but I've got something to do. Sorry." He said, right before he gave me a big smile.

"I'm just kidding. I really would like to." He said.

"Well come on, I don't want my food to get cold." I told him.

We turned and walked side by side. I felt a rush of excitement surge through my stomach. Walking through this restaurant with Raul made me feel completely happy. My heart nearly stopped when I realized Raul had grabbed my hand and was holding it as we walked.

I knew at that moment that my life would change for the better and there could be nothing that would change the relationship between me and him.