Chapter 3

Nico

"Bye, Maria! See you!" I wave her off as she waved back and walked the other direction.

I was about to walk the other way when I noticed Jamie was walking in the same direction. "Are you following me?" I asked as I turned over to look at him.

"Oh- I um... I live like...next to your house if you did- didn't know so..." He said. What? He lives next to me? No one told me that his house is next to mine! Now I feel bad that I accused him of following me! Ugh.

——

Jamie
"Would you mind i- if I walk along with y- you?" I ask Nico shyly. Arghhh I think I'm blushing. "Yeah, sure. Whatever" He replied, nodding. "You always blush really hard, you know that, right?" He added, asking. Oh no, he caught me. "I-.. I- nevermind..." I said, trailing off of my words. Arghh I don't know what to say! I don't know why I keep blushing when I talk to him!

We started walking together to our houses, none of us saying anything. I was too shy to even say something, let alone blush again! So I decided to just say nothing to avoid embarrassing myself again. "Sorry about Maria earlier, she gets excited when she meets new people and asks them really silly questions hehe..." He said, apologising to me. "Oh- it's uh...it's fine! I- I don't mind it uh..." I replied to him while playing with my fingers. I really didn't mind what Maria had asked me earlier, I mean, yes it was a little weird but- I didn't mind it.

"I don't know what else to say right now...uh- sorry, I um...I'm really bad at conversations..." He told me. "W- well uh...we could talk about wh- what we uh...like?" I told him, smiling. "Oh, well uh...I like staying in my bed?" He told me as he scratched the back of his neck. Aw, how cute. "W- well uh...I like reading books!" I exclaimed at him, almost jumping. I don't know why but, I think I like talking to him. "Nerd" He said, lightly laughing. "Remember when you used to call me nerd all the time when we were kids? Well, look who's the nerd now- HA!" He told me. I remember calling him that all the time just because he liked that science thing, I don't really remember. "Y- yeah uh...sorry about that" I told him. I tried to stop myself from blushing since I could feel my cheeks get a little hot, but I failed because he noticed me. "You keep on blushing! Seriously!" He exclaimed while he was flailing his hands in the air.

Aarghhh I can't help it but blush...he just looks really cute now! "I'm sorry..." was all I could say to him. I had embarrassed myself too much today so I figured I wouldn't say any more stuff. After a few minutes, we finally arrive to our houses. "W- well uh...bye! S- see you!" I told him sheepishly. "Do you have instagram?" He suddenly asks out of nowhere. "Y- yeah actually, why?" I replied, a little confused. "N- nothing, just so if I got bored I could maybe uh...talk to you there...I guess?" He replied as he scratched the back of his neck. "McKay, gimme your phone, I'll search up my username in instagram!" I managed to say without stuttering. Whew, finally. He got his phone out of the pocket of his pants then unlocked it and gave it to me. I type in my username and gave it back to him. "T- thanks! I'll see you around, yeah?" He said. "Yeah, sure! See ya" I said as I waved him off.

It was fun hanging out with him.

"Hi, sweetie! How was the mall?" Mom asked as soon as I enter the house. She was just on the kitchen organising stuff since we just moved in a couple of hours ago. "It was fine, Nico was there with his friend and we hung out for a while!" I replied with a wide smile on my face. "Really? It's nice to hear that you two are finally getting along!" Mom exclaimed. Yeah, it is quite nice to be getting along with him. "I'm gonna take a quick shower, mom" I tell her as I start walking up the stairs. "Ok!" She screamed.

I had just finished showering and was about to put my shirt on when I heard my phone beep. I look at the screen, surprised.

Nico started following you

I put my phone down to put my shirt on then just slumped onto my bed and just scroll through my phone. I got bored after a few minutes and decided to go on Instagram. I remembered that Nico had followed me so I followed him back. I found myself looking at his posts after a few minutes. "He's really cute..." I mumble to myself.

——

Nico

I have to admit, it was quite fun hanging out with him earlier. I kinda missed him when I got home. I got really bored so I decided to message him on Instagram. I unlock my phone and go to his page to message him something. As I was about to type something I stopped, "What do I say?" I say asking to myself. Hi? How are you? I don't know...

After a few minutes I finally settled down and sent him a "Hi :)". After just a few seconds he replied back. That was fast.

Hi .-. . He replied

What should I say now? Maybe I should ask him something, I don't know...

It was fun hanging out with you earlier . I replied.

Yeah, it was fun hanging out with you too . He replied.

He really thinks that? How sweet. I didn't really know what to say next so I just told him that I had to do something so I could excuse myself.

I gotta go now, I have to do something . I texted him, obviously lying.

He replied back saying "Ok, bye". Whew, finally.

——

A/N

This chapter's quite short but I hope you guys like it! I'll be updating with 3 new chapters next week, I'll probably get it done by Friday :)))