Chapter 2

Jamie

"It was nice seeing you again!" I say to him, waving my hands at him as I step out of his room.
I go down the stairs smiling to myself for no particular reason. I really don't know why but as soon as I left his room, I kind of missed him already.

----

Nico

As soon as he left my room I felt so relieved that he had finally left and that I didn't have to worry about how I would act or what I would say anymore. It was a little awkward but I still had a little fun. I put the UNO cards back in its box and then back to the drawer.

Beep

I look at my phone to see a text from my best friend, Maria.  She's basically the only person (besides from my parents) who I'm not that awkward with. I met her at school when we were in the 5th grade and since then, we've been best friends.

"Wanna hang out? I'm kinda bored right now."

Sure, but where are we going? It's like, half  past 5 already.

"We could go to the mall"

Fine. Meet you there in a few minutes!

"Okay bestie safnnciscfhoa"

I put my phone down and change my clothes before going down the stairs. "Mom me and Maria are going to the mall. I'll be back by 7:30" I tell mom as soon as I see her in the living room, watching her favourite TV series. "Okay, don't wander off too far! Love you!" Mom replied kissing my cheeks. "Mom I'm 16, I'm not 5 anymore!" I say, obviously annoyed by the fact that she still thinks that I'm a little kid. "Yeah yeah whatever" She replied. "Bye, mom, dad!" I say to them, waving as I exit the house.

The mall was about 10 minutes away from my house, it was quite near, so I decided to just walk.
After a few minutes I was already at the mall. Maria hadn't arrived yet. I'm not surprised, she lives a little further away from me so for her, the mall is 20 minutes away from her. I decided to wait inside the mall and just sit on the bench there.

I'm inside the mall, sitting on the bench there :)

I texted her.

"Okay nvlfsbol"

After a few minutes, she finally arrived. "Took you long enough" I say to her sheepishly. "Yeah yeah, I don't care" She replied, playfully punching my arm. "Anyways, let's go to the record store! I'm tired of just sitting around the house not doing anything!" She said. "Okay yeah sure" I reply.

"Do you remember Jamie? The guy I told you about? The one I hated a lot when I was a kid and that he also hated me too?" I ask her while entering the record store. "Um, yeah. Why?" She asked. "Yeah well, he just moved back here earlier and he and his mom visited us" I replied. "It was really awkward seeing him again for the first time in years..." I added, shaking my head. "What, really?" She asked. "Yeah... we were in my room playing UNO and then he suddenly asks if I still hated him, it was embarrassing cause I didn't really know what to say" I say to her while looking through the vinyl records. "Well, what did you answer to him?" She asked nudging on my arm. "Well, I told him I didn't know. But he did say that he doesn't hate me though" I replied. "He seems nice. Well, do you still hate him?" She asks. "I mean- you guys were literally kids back then so..." She adds. "I dunno to be honest" I replied, not really knowing what to say.