The Shade threw the knife to Gisela, and Gisela caught it flawlessly. Maruca was so busy pushing the sound out of her head that she didn't even know that Gisela was approaching her with a crazy look in her eyes. Gisela crouched to the ground, and stabbed her just like she had with Ruy a few moments earlier.

Maruca's body grew limp as her upper body fell to the ground as the screeching stopped. Blood was spilling to the ground, staining the ground with it's dark red. It made Dex want to puke. He slowly looked at Ruy's body, and saw a crinkled form of Ruy's body. Dex's stomach twisted into a knot as he looked away petrified. He looked back at Maruca's now sagging body.

Dex decided to look at Biana, who wasn't seeping out blood. He saw the same disgusted look on her face. She was clearly uncomfortable with the two dead bodies next to her, so she looked directly into Dex's eyes. Her teal eyes sparkled with fear. They seemed to say:

We need to stop this.

Dex was thinking the same thing, but there wasn't anything he could think of. He could already feel the pain of the knife in his chest which probably wasn't a good sign. Gisela seemed to be pleased with Dex and Biana's horrified expressions.

"You enjoying yourselves? Who wants to be next?" Gisela asked. Dex could see the stare of a murderer in her eyes. She was thirsty for more death. Killing people gave her satisfaction. It was disgusting, but apparently that was her way of thinking.

Gisela slowly walked toward Biana, and that was all Dex needed to boost his anger to the highest level. He used his arms to crawl across the floor, and attempted to trip Gisela. It didn't work. She just laughed, and got closer to Biana.

Dex would not let her kill Biana. It boiled his blood to know that Gisela would kill innocent lives for no reason. Dex didn't care if he had to sacrifice his life for Biana's he couldn't bear to see her dead. He felt like he would die inside. His tearstained face was flooding with anger now. Angry tears spilled out of his eyes.

He punched Gisela, and she staggered a bit, but it didn't stop Gisela. She just kept walking. Dex looked longingly at Biana. The fear in her eyes as Gisela was standing right over her body.

Dex had failed. Biana was gonna die right in front of his eyes. He screamed wishing he'd just wake up from this nightmare, but this was no nightmare. The pain was real; he could feel it crawling up his spine.

Dex's vision was blurry with tears as Gisela stabbed Biana. It all seemed to be in slow motion for Dex. He felt like his breath was being taken away. He barely could breathe, as he saw Biana struggle to stay alive. Eventually she gave up and looked at Dex desperately in the eyes.

"I love you," she said, and then she was gone.

Dex screamed. The pain was burning his bones. He couldn't bear to see Biana's limp body. He kept on screaming. His screaming echoed off the walls of the cavern.

He barely saw Gisela walk over to where Dex was screaming. His throat was burning like fire rising up. His screams became more intense. His body was thrashing like a tornado.

Gisela didn't look so pleased anymore. She looked annoyed. She looked at Dex with disgust, but he didn't care.

He had just lost Biana.

The Lost Cities lost a Councillor.

Maruca lost Ruy.

And Dex had lost his temper.

He soon became so hoarse that he couldn't scream anymore. He saw Gisela walk away from Dex.

Dex knew there were some things worse than death, and one of them is staying alive. Dex was already dead. His heart was stone. He wished he had never loved. Wished he had never learned to open the door to his heart. Wished he could undo everything that made his heart ache.